Iris vs Navy Luxe (Real Life Pics)

Joceybaby23

ProfessionalMinkette
O.G.
Sep 1, 2006
I don't think we've had a live comparison shot of Iris vs Navy Luxe yet.

I got my Navy Luxe Nikki last night so here they are...

In each image, the Navy Luxe is on the left, Iris is on the right.

There is barely a difference in my eyes between these colors. Navy is a teeny bit darker but nowhere near a true Navy in my opinion.
Before I did not see an purple undertones in Iris, but now I can see some purple now that is next to the Navy Luxe.

The bags are almost identical. There is no question about that.

Is it crazy for me to consider keeping it? Blue is my favorite color. But I think these are just a little too similar. No one would notice a difference in color except for me...

Your thoughts?

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

Last edited:
Wow.. they are so similar I think something went wrong in production. Could they have possibly planned this?? To have two identical colors come out in the same season? I don't care if one is lamb and one is calf.. they are the same exact color, sheen or no sheen.

Not to mention the fact that "Navy Luxe" is not Navy at all.

Edit to add: Thanks for posting these pics Jocey.. if I were you I would only keep one. It doesn't make sense to have both.

Last edited:
WOAH!!! The similarity in the two colors is striking! I think I prefer the leather of the Iris better actually, and I definitely think you should part with one b/c imo they are too similar to justify having two unless you love the bag so much you'd like a "back-up" just in case!

Yeah, my guess is that the color is the same but the leather is different. Jocey, is there a difference in the leather?[/quote

IMO, Iris is a rich, supple, bold color leather that seems very sturdy. The more I use it, the more broken in and veiny it is getting. It has a very slight hint of purple.

The Navy is the same color (maybe a tad more "blue", no purple undertones) but there is a definate sheen on this bag. It's not a glaze and it's not stiff.. but something is definately shinier about this one. It doesn't seem as strong and sturdy as the Iris, honestly.

The other obvious differences are the square vs triangle strap attachments and my Iris has the B/W lining and the Navy has the blue stripes.

There is definitely a difference in leather, there is no doubt about that.

The navy luxe is the same leather as the dark brown, sea green and noir to name a few which is made of lamb.

picture.php

attachment.php

if you look at both NL pics above you can see the same tone in the seams^^. more the royal tone, but the body of the Beau looks more Navy.:shrugs:who knows why they did it. i still like it.

I like the navy luxe color more, but the leather/texture of iris. I agree- it is definitely NOT navy. Its not navy like the one pictured in Vlad's interview, or the way Luna Boston pictured Navy Luxe- and usually their pictures are of professional quality, and true to color. I'm disappointed in this navy luxe, and if my Nolita hobo is going to be that color, then its going to be returned for sure.

Jocey- i think you should only keep one. The color difference is NOT as important to me as the leather is. You should keep iris, and send this one back.

With the expert photography programs, it's really no surprise to me that pics look different under. The enhancements etc....can really change a color. I can take photoshop and make my black bag yellow if I want to.

Definitely NOT Navy. Savvy will be pissed.