Iris Birkin Arrived HELP!!

NYCity

Jul 28, 2010
my store rang me today and told me there's a iris birkin which just arrived, i dont know if i should get it or wait for the lovely mid night blue which will hopefully be relased soon. i like iris but just wonderin would it be hard to pull it off. i have a very ordinary closet but particularly like cool colors than warm. give me feed back asap as u know hermes dont hold bags too long especially birkin thanks ps if i get it i will def do a reveal!!

more info added its a 35cm silver fitting!! also i cant go down to the store because i m heading overseas thats why i need your advise

Mmm, that's a tough one then. I always recommend to see the bag IRL before you buy to see if you like it or not.
Is 35 the size that you want or do you prefer a 30? Also, do you want a more neutral Birkin or a pop off color?
I'd wear it with a neutral grey or black outfit and perhaps a matching belt or scarf. Off course there are many other ways how to combine it.
Here are a few pics of Khloe Kardashian with her Iris Birkin. Please note, the colour is less 'neon' IRL than on those pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I wouldn't commit to anything without going to the store and seeing it and feeling it yourself. Sometimes you might like something from a picture but may see it in person and it doesn't make your heart sing.

Make sure to check it out and make sure it makes your heart flutter with joy! If it does, then you know the bag is for you!

:tup:
I wouldn't commit to anything without going to the store and seeing it and feeling it yourself. Sometimes you might like something from a picture but may see it in person and it doesn't make your heart sing.

Make sure to check it out and make sure it makes your heart flutter with joy! If it does, then you know the bag is for you!

Given that you can't go see it in person, ask yourself how "deep" your H bag or Birkin wardrobe is, and if there is room for a bright (albeit not as neon as in the photos shown) 35 cm bag. 35 cm is not a small size to carry a bright color in, so, be sure it is something you will be comfortable with.

If you have a neutral in 35cm already and love that size, go for it.
If you don't and already have a neutral 35cm I would pass on this bag and get it in a 30cm. 35cm is a large bag for such a bold color unless you really, really love and adore it.
There is no harm in asking your SA what else they might have available right now...you might be pleasantly surprised.

Given that you can't go see it in person, ask yourself how "deep" your H bag or Birkin wardrobe is, and if there is room for a bright (albeit not as neon as in the photos shown) 35 cm bag. 35 cm is not a small size to carry a bright color in, so, be sure it is something you will be comfortable with.

This bares repeating. :smile:

Funny, I played with an iris birkin 35 PHW today and it didn't look as bright as the photos above. Hmmm... the one in the store was togo, so maybe the one above is clemence? I actually think Iris is a nice "neutral" all year round alternative to black or gold. Just my humble thoughts.