Iridescent Calfskin Chanel mini - wear and tear?

Oct 27, 2021
Hi guys,

I am debating if I should go for a iridescent pink rectangular mini. I am in love with the color, and calfkin is a bonus. However, I am not sure how iridescent color will wear well in the long run. Can it keep its color or will fade/rub easily? I only own mostly back chanel bags and neutral color. I Never own a iridescent color bag. If you own one iridescent color bag from Chanel, do you recommend it?

C7C2BC41-767A-4D76-90E8-D9E029B49D77.jpeg

I bought this bag Oct 2021. It is my first iridescent bag as well so I don't know how it will fare in the long term as I've only had it for a year so far. During this time, I've no complaints about fading or rubbing. One complaint I do have though, is that mine is more wrinkled in person than in pictures; not sure if yours will be the same but that was something I was not expecting before I agreed to purchase thru pictures. You can kinda see it on the sides of the picture you posted but mine is all over. I wish the SA had told me prior to me falling in love with the colour. As Chanel becomes harder to get your hands on, I agreed to proceed with the purchase. I still love the bag though! and have had many compliments on it!

I’m late to this chain but 100% yes. No one does iridescent quite like chanel. In particular the season these minis were released is iridescent calfskin and VERY durable. I have no sign of wear on mine, love it to pieces ❤️

View attachment 5789134
Thanks for your response. I also want to add an update. I have been using mine a lot since it is perfect for summer. I wore it with pink dress, blue dress, aka very color clothes etc, and so far no color transfer whatsover. Money well spent. I love love love the color and the calfskin for this bag. Super durable. no signs of use. no scratch. no color transfer.

Reactions: Meg2367
I’m late to this chain but 100% yes. No one does iridescent quite like chanel. In particular the season these minis were released is iridescent calfskin and VERY durable. I have no sign of wear on mine, love it to pieces ❤️

View attachment 5789134
Just stunning! Would you know if Chanel offers repair for iridescent bags that lost or have spotchy sheen? I saw a banged up 22p cardholder with black areas and not sure if it’s dirt or rubbed off. It is the 22p purple iridescent c19 zip card holder wallet

Chanel will not repair leather on any iridescent or metallic finished bags. Leather surgeons is your best bet, if anyone can do it, they can. However I know color matching can be difficult.