Travel Ireland

Ummmm...one other suggestion...at least for me...stay away from the Guinness beer. Too stout! I did not like it. I am more of a Blue Moon kind of girl if I am going to drink a beer/ale. I will try and find some time to offer some other suggestions if I can before you go.

thanks! i have tried guinness and hated it too. i love blue moon & sam adams. i'm actually going to visit a guy (and he is born & raised irish) so i am hoping he will have some suggestions :smile:

I'm visiting Dublin, Galway and cork. Any suggestions? We'll rent a car and drive around for one week. I would appreciate any tip. Thanks!

Of you can fit in a day in Northern Ireland, I highly recommend it. The giants causeway was my favorite part of my trip to Ireland. We did not get to Galway unfortunately. Killarney was lovely - wonderful music and pubs. I also enjoyed seeing Tara and knoweth just outside of Dublin if you are into ancient history.

We will be traveling to Ireland really soon and I am down to the wire trying to pic a handbag! I don't have any crossbody bags or bags with a zip top other than one. I love my Gucci Sukey Guccissima Leather Large Tote but it gets heavy, doesn't have a zip top, ect......

I am trying to figure out a purse to purchase to take with that can't handle rain just in case and will hold up but I will use after. I won't be dancing in the rain but should it rain I can't have it ruined if it gets a drop or two on it. I have been trying to look for "inexpensive" bags but I haven't found anything and don't see saving a little money on something I don't love that will just sit in the closet when we get back. I need something that will work for going out and daily use as we will be there an extended time.

So right now I am down to two in my head....
Gucci Sukey Top Handle in leather
or
LV Speedy B 30 in DE as I don't have time to let it patina and again the water
or
??

I don't currently own and LV bags so I was leaning to that as the Sukey would be the same color, same material as the one I have now but with a zipper, smaller, and crossbody. Not a fan of monogram but sounds like it will stand up well, my daughter likes it (she can have it when she is older), it is classic, but also very common as LV bags are everywhere here. I am a mom in my 30s and hear that it is a great all around bag though.

Also traveling internationally with designer bags, yay or nay?
I am not opposed to any designer or bag so if you have a favorite for traveling I would love any and all suggestions as I have about a week to figure something out!

Thank you!

Like others here, I also say GO FOR THE LONGCHAMP! Especially the Planetes. I have the large one in black and trust me, it can withstand anything. I put 1-2 of my other more special designer bags in my suitcase. The Planetes is waterproof and cleans really easily if you just wipe it with a damp cloth. Perfect for wet and soggy Ireland (which I've actually gone to -- you're gonna love it there! It's beautiful!).

I was in Ireland last month, and was so glad that I took my Longchamp. It rained every day, and was windy. The bag got soaked, and I really thought I ruined it, but when it dried it was like new.

We will be traveling to Ireland really soon and I am down to the wire trying to pic a handbag! I don't have any crossbody bags or bags with a zip top other than one. I love my Gucci Sukey Guccissima Leather Large Tote but it gets heavy, doesn't have a zip top, ect......

I am trying to figure out a purse to purchase to take with that can't handle rain just in case and will hold up but I will use after. I won't be dancing in the rain but should it rain I can't have it ruined if it gets a drop or two on it. I have been trying to look for "inexpensive" bags but I haven't found anything and don't see saving a little money on something I don't love that will just sit in the closet when we get back. I need something that will work for going out and daily use as we will be there an extended time.

So right now I am down to two in my head....
Gucci Sukey Top Handle in leather
or
LV Speedy B 30 in DE as I don't have time to let it patina and again the water
or
??

I don't currently own and LV bags so I was leaning to that as the Sukey would be the same color, same material as the one I have now but with a zipper, smaller, and crossbody. Not a fan of monogram but sounds like it will stand up well, my daughter likes it (she can have it when she is older), it is classic, but also very common as LV bags are everywhere here. I am a mom in my 30s and hear that it is a great all around bag though.

Also traveling internationally with designer bags, yay or nay?
I am not opposed to any designer or bag so if you have a favorite for traveling I would love any and all suggestions as I have about a week to figure something out!

Thank you!

i live in ireland, it rains..a LOT. I also say not to waste your time on designer bags in ireland. I'm american and have a lot of designer bags and not many people carry them here (maybe in dublin but not anywhere else) so it will go unnoticed. Honestly I think your best bet is going to target and picking up a cross body for cheap. Carrying something on your shoulder or arm is going to be annoying for sight seeing!

have a great trip, ireland is amazing :smile:

How about Kipling or Tumi cross body bags? When I traveled to a relatively wet/humid country, I brought only two bags, one was a larger sized Kipling cross body bag, and the other was a much smaller Prada nylon cross body that I packed in my carry on, for the days I needed to travel light. It worked out perfect for me. I suppose if I had to go out at night, my continental wallet could have doubled as a clutch.

Either way, have a fun and safe trip. Ireland, from what I've seen in photos, seems an amazing place to vacation.