Ipod owners- which one?

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
l've been a holdout but now I want to get an Ipod nano - I have no idea what features or accessories I should get and I don't want to go into the Apple store like a sitting duck. All help appreciated!

i might re-think the nano. i've heard the screens can crack. but if you don't have many songs then it's probably the best choice.

when you get an ipod don't go running with it! the armbands are made by other companies and really the parts in an ipod aren't suited for running and may break

Mariah said:
i might re-think the nano. i've heard the screens can crack. but if you don't have many songs then it's probably the best choice.

when you get an ipod don't go running with it! the armbands are made by other companies and really the parts in an ipod aren't suited for running and may break
I'm already re-thinking.

I have a Nano and have never had any problems. I love it. You have to be careful with it. You know....dont drop it from a second story window, step on it, run over it. ect ect ect.
Seriously it is wonderful.
Good luck.
Selena

I've got a 30G (40G?), it holds about 10,000 songs.

I *love* it. I've got my entire CD collection at my fingertips, which is about the only thing keeping me sane some days at work. :biggrin:

I'd cry if something happened to my iPod!

I have a nano too and it's great. I bought the hubby a vidio ipod and I sort of wish that I got that instead. The nice thing is that the nano is so light and with an arm strap, I don't even feel it when I'm running or doing whatever.

So, it really depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're using it to work-out and you'll be out in town running vice a treadmill, the nano is the way to go. If you are working out treadmill, elliptical type only, where you have a place to set your ipod down, I would probably go with the video. You can download the entire first season of Lost or whatever and watch it while you're burning calories.

I've heard that the Apple workers don't earn commission--I don't know if that's true... But they're usually helpful, so feel free to ask questions. You should get something that fits your needs the best.

I think that the Ipod video (30 or 60) is a far better deal, since it's only a little more expensive and it's able to play videos. The clarity of the screen is really good, and you never know when you have to kill some time ! The resin on the nano is a little thinner, which is why a law suit was brought to Apple since it claimed that the design was faulty and meant that screens could be easily scratched to the point where the display was no longer legible.

In terms of durability, if you want something that's really able to take a beating, consider an Ipod shuffle. There's no screen to scratch up, plus it's flash based, not hard drive. Hard drives are more likely to fail, so chances of a Ipod (full sized) crashing are a little more likely than a shuffle.

Anyways, I would have to say, go Ipod video ! My brother's got one and it's great !

Definitly go with the video iPod, its really not that much bigger compared to the nano. i LOVE my iPod, it goes everywhere with me. The one accesory that you need is a case for it, because they scratch easy. I bought my case from Coach, it's white and very cute, here is a picture of it,

Attachments

• ipod.jpg
    ipod.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33