Ipod Etiquette !! What Are Your Rules ??

I was at the library & someone was listening to their ipod really loud. I thought that was rude because the place was really quiet that you can hear everything..

If I'm on public transport or say at a bus stop I turn it down really low so its barely hearable to myself. I don't listen to it in shops/cafes/librarys etc and I would always take my headphones out if someone is trying to talk to me.

I only use my iPod at home or in my car. I have an Alpine stereo system that you can plug the iPod directly into, so I don't worry, I am NOT driving with earphones on! When I used to take public transportation, I used to take my portable CD player with me. The buses are so noisy, nobody really notices if you have it turned up a bit. I would never use my iPod in a library or any other place where quiet is expected.

me too! but i think this is bad, because I have selective hearing, so when I listen to music in one ear, I sing, and only respond to the person talking in my other ear when I hear something I want to hear.
redrose1028 said:
Usually I have one speaker in my ear, the other out, so that I can listen to the music but still be able to hear if someone is talking to me.

I use it everywhere, all the time. I will unplug is someone is trying to talk to me, sometimes I pretend I don't see them (SAs that are annoying lol). I'll keep it low in the library, otherwise, pretty much full balst lol.