Ipod cases

Keane Fan

17 and addicted
Nov 7, 2006
Um it's 1 AM and I am pretty sure I should be sleeping since I have a huge AP Bio test tomorrow but I have some questions!

Are the only video ipod cases available the striped one?? I might consider getting this one because I wanted to order the Iskin Claro one (but the cost of the actual case + 3 skins = $70 so my mom was like you might as well get a designer one)and on the site, is the black one just for mini ipods or for video? It doesn't really indicate.

I'm sorry to hear that your last ipod was stolen! That's awful! I'm pretty sure the Coach case should fit the 80GB just fine. Here are the specs on the 80 vs the 30:

30GB model -

• Height: 4.1 inches
  • Width: 2.4 inches
  • Depth: 0.43 inch
  • Weight: 4.8 ounces
80GB model -

• Height: 4.1 inches
  • Width: 2.4 inches
  • Depth: 0.55 inch
  • Weight: 5.5 ounces
So the 80 GB is just a little larger in depth, but the case should fit just fine. I use my Coach case for my older generation 30 GB photo, which is a bit fuller in depth than the current video ipods. My photo ipod is 0.63 inches thick (or in depth). The fit is snug, but it still fits great. So I'm sure it will fit the 80 GB just fine. You shouldn't have a problem. :yes:

thanks for the info ;)
i am going to coach on saturday and in the meanwhile i found this

coachipodvideopink.jpg

pink one on ebay. does anyone know if this is sold in stores?

To me, that looks like one only sold in factory stores. It looks like it's the case for the older generation ipods (like mine - 30 GB photo). Because the screen opening is smaller than what they are selling in stores now. The video ipod has a much wider screen than the older generation ipods. Compare the screen opening to this one for a video ipod:

60035_SVBK_d2.jpg

So if you are getting a video ipod, you may want to specifically get the video ipod case, otherwise the screen opening may not be large enough to show the whole screen.

To me, that looks like one only sold in factory stores. It looks like it's the case for the older generation ipods (like mine - 30 GB photo). Because the screen opening is smaller than what they are selling in stores now. The video ipod has a much wider screen than the older generation ipods. Compare the screen opening to this one for a video ipod:

60035_SVBK_d2.jpg

So if you are getting a video ipod, you may want to specifically get the video ipod case, otherwise the screen opening may not be large enough to show the whole screen.

Thats what I was gonna say!!! You need to be more worried about making sure its video not because of overall fit...but the video has a much larger screen..and if its not a video CASE you won't be able to see the entire screen! The have from coach.com the black leather, the signature stripe, and the legacy stripe....any other ones you see right now don't have the right screen dimension.

Thats what I was gonna say!!! You need to be more worried about making sure its video not because of overall fit...but the video has a much larger screen..and if its not a video CASE you won't be able to see the entire screen! The have from coach.com the black leather, the signature stripe, and the legacy stripe....any other ones you see right now don't have the right screen dimension.

LOL Great minds think alike, what can I say? :yahoo: Great words though, shelbell77 - If you have a video ipod, but not the video ipod case, then you won't be able to see the entire screen. In my case, I can just see more of my ipod with the larger screen opening of the video ipod case. Have I mentioned yet that I :heart: my Coach video ipod case? :graucho:

LOL Great minds think alike, what can I say? :yahoo: Great words though, shelbell77 - If you have a video ipod, but not the video ipod case, then you won't be able to see the entire screen. In my case, I can just see more of my ipod with the larger screen opening of the video ipod case. Have I mentioned yet that I :heart: my Coach video ipod case? :graucho:

I actually don't have mine yet....:crybaby: I was waiting for one I liked to come out...and then the legacy stripe came out which I adore.....but I'm supposed to be getting it for Christmas so I remain without a coach case for now....