IPL Photofacials....LOVE it!

I had five or six Fraxel treatments for little red capillaries on the sides of my nose. I also had it done for sunspots on the sides of face. It worked fairly well for the spots and I was satisfied. But for the capillaries, it was a huge disappointment and not worth a penny. They just wouldn't go away and the dermatologist more or less gave up on them. I think it was $400 per treatment. That was about a year and a half ago.

I went to a plastic surgeon for the first time last month and she used a machine called a hyphercator (sp?) on the capillaries that took care of them in an instant. She had to numb my nose first and it did pinch a little, but it was so worth it. I'm going back today to have the rest of them removed.

I don't know what it cost b/c she didn't charge me for the procedure last time. I was having moles removed and Botox and Restylane done at the same time so she didn't add the cost of the hyphercator on to the bill too.

I'll let you know after I get back from her office today how much she charges.

I have had far more success with the plastic surgeon and my skin issues than I ever had with a dermatologist. She seems to have a better awareness of the emotional and cosmetic side of things.

^

Just got back from the Plastic Surgeon's office and the charge was $225 to remove the capillaries on my nose with the hyphercator. It was money well spent. They are gone!!!!

^

Just got back from the Plastic Surgeon's office and the charge was $225 to remove the capillaries on my nose with the hyphercator. It was money well spent. They are gone!!!!

Wow, my kind of price range :tup: And if it works first time around, that's great. Will investigate the 'hyphercator'. Thanks to all who have posted about the various treatments...

When I had all the injectibles, my PS did laser (sorry, don't know what type of laser) on capillaries on the bridge of my nose. Left a LARGE, UGLY purple mark that lasted a week. But the capillaries are gone. $250.

I just got my first treatment last week and I love it!! I'm doing it for mild rosacea. The person doing mine is a friend who is also a chiropractor but started in this line of work because she likes it better! I too, didn't have any pain (she gave me a gel for it after) nor any scabbing.. so far so good!

^For mild rosacea too?! I must do this! How does it work?

I had laser genesis which targets the red pigments in the skin I am pretty sure IPL is for the brown pigments. I am pretty sure both lasers help your skin produce more collagen. I think IPL you have to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. You do for laser hair and vein removal which I have done and would highly recommend!!!

I am looking to get IPL treatments on my face. I am looking to reduce acne scars, reduce pore sizes, improve texture and complexion. I live in Surrey, BC but I have no idea about he PS here...can someone recommend anyone local and tell me a little about the pricing??
Any recommendations and comments would be sooo appreciated!
TIA!

Check out Skin Matters clinic (http://www.skinmatters.ca/). Dr. Charles Cheng runs it and he's a great doctor. Very understanding and he'll definitely work with you to reduce your acne scars, etc.

He's located on Granville and West 41st in Vancouver though; so it might be a bit far for you, but I think he's worth the commute.

I had PDT done with him and his prices were very reasonable. Give him a call and see if you can set up a consultation. :smile:

I sent my husband to my aesthetician today because he had an appointment for a mole check at the dermatologists office next door. We both have some issues with our facial skin that we would like to improve slightly. My DH has been an avid golfer for years and is now seeing the toll that the sun has taken on his skin (even with wearing sunscreen). He has some redness, uneven skin tone and I have some small areas of hyper-pigmentation (sun spots), a tiny broken capillary, and some fine lines. The aesthetician recommended IPL treatments, which are about $600 for 3 treatments and could be shared between the two of us. For those of you who have had IPL, how many treatments did you need? What kinds of things did it improve? Also, does it help at all on enlarged pores? I have a pore on my nose that drives me crazy! Thanks!!!

I've had IPL treatments and it was a very good decision for me. The results are great. I used to have pimple marks and uneven skin tone. Now, it's all gone and I noticed that pores are tighten also. I don't remember exactly how many treatments I got but basically when I started it was weekly for a month (both cleaning and treament) then it was 2x a month. Now, I only visit my dermatologist once a month or if there's a need.

OP, you will happy with the results specially with enlarged pores.

Anyone had this done? What was your experience? Was it worth it?

I have an appt to have my first treatment the first week of March - I'm kind of nervous though...Would love to hear some stories of others who have done this!

I've had a photofacial and do think it help reduce some uneven sun damage/spots. I am very fair, so it was easy to see discoloration that flaked off after a few days. I would recommend using th enumbing cream, you can still feel it, but it does help.