IPhone X Folio

adeangelis

Feb 19, 2018
Hi all! Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Has anyone purchased the folio case? If so, how well has it held up. I know on previous cases cracking from bending the front flap back would become a huge issue. Is it still like that? Is it worth picking up? Has anyone put a thin case in their folio so the phone can be moved in and out? Thanks guys!

I have the X folio in Eclipse. I’m very happy with the overall quality of the piece, especially compared with prior LV folios. My prior 7 plus case warped on the back within a week of purchase. I never had any glazing or cracking issues as I almost always talk on speaker and rarely fold the case over. With that said, if that is how you use your phone (off speaker) then I don’t recommend purchasing this piece. No matter how much glazing they put on it, constant back and forth on a daily basis will cause cracking and glazing wear and tear rather quickly. Hope this helps!

Reactions: adeangelis
I have the X folio in Eclipse. I’m very happy with the overall quality of the piece, especially compared with prior LV folios. My prior 7 plus case warped on the back within a week of purchase. I never had any glazing or cracking issues as I almost always talk on speaker and rarely fold the case over. With that said, if that is how you use your phone (off speaker) then I don’t recommend purchasing this piece. No matter how much glazing they put on it, constant back and forth on a daily basis will cause cracking and glazing wear and tear rather quickly. Hope this helps!

I talked to a CS associate on the phone earlier who told me that the flap was meant to be flipped back. She also warned me that cracking will occur. I'm kind of in a bind. I'm going to be putting a thin clear case in the folio that way my phone can be taken in and out without ruining the adhesive. Meaning I won't be using the case everyday for every occasion. I think this would help with some of the issues. Normal wear and tear will occur. My concern was about the timing of it happening! I appreciate your response!

Ok, so she told you it was meant to be flipped back, but it will crack. Im confused, because that is the cause of the cracking. Lol.

Right. I think she was hinting at that it's just normal wear and tear. Kind of like the case isn't supposed to last years. Which is fine because I usually get a new phone every year or so...

I have the X folio and had a folio before for my 6S for about 1.5 years before it started cracking. I think the cracking is inevitable. Fortunately they gave me a new one for free when I showed the cracking.

For my X, I expect the same thing to happen: crack after a year or two. It's almost inevitable with how much you use it, all the bending (I do bend it backwards a lot). Would I buy it again with a new phone? Yes. The card slot is so handy! I use it whenever I want to go super light (like for hikes) and it keeps my health insurance card with me at all times.

Also when I travel and I need to show my ID, I'll put it in the card slot before I go to the airport. That way I can cruise through TSA with my boarding pass on the phone and ID.

Reactions: adeangelis
I have the X folio and had a folio before for my 6S for about 1.5 years before it started cracking. I think the cracking is inevitable. Fortunately they gave me a new one for free when I showed the cracking.

For my X, I expect the same thing to happen: crack after a year or two. It's almost inevitable with how much you use it, all the bending (I do bend it backwards a lot). Would I buy it again with a new phone? Yes. The card slot is so handy! I use it whenever I want to go super light (like for hikes) and it keeps my health insurance card with me at all times.

Also when I travel and I need to show my ID, I'll put it in the card slot before I go to the airport. That way I can cruise through TSA with my boarding pass on the phone and ID.

I think this is kind of where I'm at. I've seen people say that they have also gotten replacements for free when they can show the cracking(I would assume this is dependent on your SA). Do either of you find the case to be big and cumbersome at all? Or is it pretty easy to carry?

I talked to a CS associate on the phone earlier who told me that the flap was meant to be flipped back. She also warned me that cracking will occur. I'm kind of in a bind. I'm going to be putting a thin clear case in the folio that way my phone can be taken in and out without ruining the adhesive. Meaning I won't be using the case everyday for every occasion. I think this would help with some of the issues. Normal wear and tear will occur. My concern was about the timing of it happening! I appreciate your response!

I was just debating buying one when she told me not to take it off but getting a clear case for it is brilliant- thanks for the advise

I have one for my phone and the glazing is peeling pretty bad but it doesn't bother me seeing that I use it so much. Was told LV could maybe re-glaze it but it doesn't concern me enough to find out more. I also take my phone out of the case a bunch so it can fit in my Chanel mini and the adhesive is just as sticky as it was when I first bought it months ago.