Tech iPhone or Galaxy? Help me decide

I'm an android fan. I agree with another poster above -- I just find it much more intuitive and user-friendly.

I moved from an iphone 4 to a note 3 and love love it. The screen size is nice for someone like me who are constantly online. I was worried when i made the switch but i cant see myself moving back not because i do not like apple but because of the screen size. Also the galaxy can do quite a lot and via different ways compare to apple.

There are of course more apps with apple but i am not an app person so that does not affect me.

The imessage thing, well we have whatapp, wechat, line and so on....so it shouldnt be a problem. I will say switch off your imessage on your iphone if you do make a switch otherwise ppl cannot get through to you.

Finally, since i got my note 3 a few of my friends have upgraded to the same phone. Some are now thinking of making the switch from apple.

There is no virus thing...promise. I've been using Android for 4 years and never had a virus. It's just misinformation being pushed forth.

I've never had any of my friends say they're getting delayed messages. Obviously if you have poor signal, you'll get delayed messages.

Thanks! I went to the Verizon yesterday and they were sold out. Will try another store today or they will order the phone for me.

I have the iPhone 5s and I love it because I'm use to the iPhones I don't like change much, I love how easy it is to FaceTime and easy to mange my Apps also the iCloud is a life saver when I've broken my phone before all my pictures and contacts pop back up great back up.

Androids I can say probably have more free apps and the expandable memory sounds great but I don't think any one can talk me out of my iPhone

Maybe you can try the android out before the return policy expires and pay restocking fee.

My brother-in-law just got a Galaxy after being an Apple devotee for years and years and years. He is very happy with his switch if that helps you. I've never had anything but Android. Good Luck!

I've been having the exact same debate. I have the iPhone 4 and I really want a phone with a bigger screen. I know the iPhone 6 is supposed to have a bigger screen, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long! I'm debating whether to just give Android a try or wait it out.

I was originally an Android user, and I switched to iPhone after getting fed up with bugs and just frankly crappy phones that never worked the way they should. I never had a Galaxy, though. My mother did and she loved hers, but she has also switched to an iPhone since then. Keep in mind, we are apple people, all of our other devices are apple, so it makes sense for us. You should get what feels right for you, though. Enjoy your new phone, whatever it is!

I have the iPhone 5s and I love it because I'm use to the iPhones I don't like change much, I love how easy it is to FaceTime and easy to mange my Apps also the iCloud is a life saver when I've broken my phone before all my pictures and contacts pop back up great back up.

Androids I can say probably have more free apps and the expandable memory sounds great but I don't think any one can talk me out of my iPhone

Maybe you can try the android out before the return policy expires and pay restocking fee.
Thanks, you're absolutely right about iPhone being easy and the iCloud though I'm pretty good at backing my pictures up to my computer. I may wait for the iPhone 6 after all. I thought about trying it for the two week trial but If I don't like it, I would have to trade it in for the 5.

As both are the best phone of their own brand, and also well-known in the market for his amazing features. Also i-phone is better that galaxy. But if you are looking for any change then buy Galaxy which will be a good idea.
Yes, agree, I think both are great phones that's why I can't make up my mind lol!

My brother-in-law just got a Galaxy after being an Apple devotee for years and years and years. He is very happy with his switch if that helps you. I've never had anything but Android. Good Luck!
Thanks! Great to hear if I decide to go Galaxy!

I've been having the exact same debate. I have the iPhone 4 and I really want a phone with a bigger screen. I know the iPhone 6 is supposed to have a bigger screen, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long! I'm debating whether to just give Android a try or wait it out.
Exactly me too! So I went to check out the Galaxy s5 and I still think it's a fabulous phone! I thought about grabbing the Samsung Gear to go with it BUT, even though I want a bigger screen, I'm afraid the 5.1" screen may a little too big! I brought a small pochette I carry around a lot and with a cover on the s5 won't fit well. The iPhone 6 I hear will come out with a couple sizes one being a 4.7" screen and very slim. I just may wait. Check out the Samsung's if you haven't already. I'm in no rush thought I'm SO over the 4s it still works and is a great phone.
I was originally an Android user, and I switched to iPhone after getting fed up with bugs and just frankly crappy phones that never worked the way they should. I never had a Galaxy, though. My mother did and she loved hers, but she has also switched to an iPhone since then. Keep in mind, we are apple people, all of our other devices are apple, so it makes sense for us. You should get what feels right for you, though. Enjoy your new phone, whatever it is!
Thanks for your input. I do have an iPad and iPod but other than that I have a windows desk top. I may just wait for the new iPhone to come out with the bigger screen since that's my main reason for wanting the Galaxy.

Exactly me too! So I went to check out the Galaxy s5 and I still think it's a fabulous phone! I thought about grabbing the Samsung Gear to go with it BUT, even though I want a bigger screen, I'm afraid the 5.1" screen may a little too big! I brought a small pochette I carry around a lot and with a cover on the s5 won't fit well. The iPhone 6 I hear will come out with a couple sizes one being a 4.7" screen and very slim. I just may wait. Check out the Samsung's if you haven't already. I'm in no rush thought I'm SO over the 4s it still works and is a great phone.

This will sound silly but one thing that also makes me hesitant is that I like how easy it is to get support or service with the iPhone if there's ever an issue. You can just walk into/book an appointment with any Apple store. In my experience, they've always resolved the problem on the spot or given me a new phone. With a non-Apple phone I'd have to go through my cell carrier if there were ever an issue and have my phone sent off for a couple weeks. I'm used to the convenience that Apple provides.

With AT&T, they have service centers. I've walked in with a bricked Galaxy, they verified it wasn't working and gave me a replacement phone right then and there.

This will sound silly but one thing that also makes me hesitant is that I like how easy it is to get support or service with the iPhone if there's ever an issue. You can just walk into/book an appointment with any Apple store. In my experience, they've always resolved the problem on the spot or given me a new phone. With a non-Apple phone I'd have to go through my cell carrier if there were ever an issue and have my phone sent off for a couple weeks. I'm used to the convenience that Apple provides.

Very good point! Rumor has it they're opening an Apple store near my work so that would be great. My current iPhone's speaker went and even though my warranty was over and I had no insurance, Verizon replaced my phone free of charged just for being a long time customer. FedEx it to me in two days. They're awesome!

Very good point! Rumor has it they're opening an Apple store near my work so that would be great. My current iPhone's speaker went and even though my warranty was over and I had no insurance, Verizon replaced my phone free of charged just for being a long time customer. FedEx it to me in two days. They're awesome!

Wow, that's awesome of Verizon! Sounds like we're both still in "wait for iPhone 6 or upgrade now" mode :P I did get a chance to play around with an S5 briefly today. I have to admit, the big screen was nice. Makes me want an iPhone with a big screen that much more now! :biggrin:

With AT&T, they have service centers. I've walked in with a bricked Galaxy, they verified it wasn't working and gave me a replacement phone right then and there.

Oh, that's awesome! I'm in Canada and I find the carriers here don't typically have as good of service... (though i suppose it depends on the circumstances and whether you have insurance directly through them). When I was in a Rogers store today they told me if a phone has trouble they will send it for repairs and it'll take about 2 - 4 weeks. I mean, chances are all would be fine. In my non-Apple days (I used to be a Blackberry user... ah, I remember the days of thinking I'd never switch from BB.. haha!) when the process for repairing a phone was the same as non-Apple phones now I managed!