Iphone, not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Well its seem that most are pleased with the iphone. Mine arrived today, after waiting all afternoon I was let down. The fact that i have long nails makes it very hard for me to use the sms. Which sucks because I use msg'ing a lot and its must on my phone. The only way I can work it is to use my baby finger.. what a pita. Otherwise i'm not over impressed with it. Its like I have a cam. do did my other phone. Its sleek :smile: thats about it. I do like how the msg'ing keeps the conversation :smile: I dont like how it just connects to the net without asking. Its not bad at home because we have wireless so it connects to it. I dont really think i want to pay for data service. I have unlimited mobile browsing with my treo that i didnt use, only the email service and that was only to send email /pictures to s/o because he's phone doesnt work with picture text. So now to have to pay for it .... shakes head.
I have thought about keeping it just to use as an itouch... removing the sim so that I dont run into issues with data charges. But, then i think its an expensive ipod. I have a shuffle and rarely use it other then the gym. I just cant see my jogging or working out with an itouch... shakes head.

Anyone else having second thoughts on this phone ?:sad::sad:

I wasn't able to get one because of the nice "bait and switch" that AT&T pulled with its current customers (you get the iPhone, but for TWICE the price AND a new contract -- even though I was due for advance upgrade and they said I could get any other phone in the store, just not the iPhone, at the discounted price). But when I tried it in the store I found the texting to be really difficult and I was underwhelmed. I have heard so many horror stories lately that I am glad I decided to stick with my BlackBerry.

As for the connections, etc., you can turn all those off/on in your settings area. You need to play around with it for a while. I was ticked at ATT too but finally got mine and IMO it's worth the extra money. The only complaint I have is the battery life isn't long enough but I also take into account the fact that the phone is doing a lot and probably sucks battery power in the process. I am not a huge texting person-- but I have gotten used to the keyboard and I actually like it.

i had a qwerty keyboard with buttons. so it was a big switch for me, but i like my iphone keyboard now. You just have to get used to it after time and learn how to use the finger tips not the nails. you can still have nails, just not the very long ones. that would make it very hard.

I think i'm going to stick with my treo and put the money towards a bag or something.. I just dont feel i'll get the use out of this phone. Enough to enjoy it anyway.

Better luck next time ......:shame:

I love my iPhone. I am sitting at a concert right now
I love that I can read tPF while waiting for dave Matthews to come on stage

oh wow you're so lucky. what type of data plan do you have ?
Ours is 6 gigs for 30$....no clue if that is a lot or not but its 30$ i dont pay now not do I use the net.

Dont you find it hard to read the forum on that phone?

i had a qwerty keyboard with buttons. so it was a big switch for me, but i like my iphone keyboard now. You just have to get used to it after time and learn how to use the finger tips not the nails. you can still have nails, just not the very long ones. that would make it very hard.
See that is what i currently have, I'm using a palm treo so even with nails the keyboard is ok because its buttons.

I wasn't able to get one because of the nice "bait and switch" that AT&T pulled with its current customers (you get the iPhone, but for TWICE the price AND a new contract -- even though I was due for advance upgrade and they said I could get any other phone in the store, just not the iPhone, at the discounted price). But when I tried it in the store I found the texting to be really difficult and I was underwhelmed. I have heard so many horror stories lately that I am glad I decided to stick with my BlackBerry.

Oh that sucks that they pulled that switch on you.... bad phone company.

Have you looked into the TyTnII?? Slide out keyboard and pretty much all the other features as the 3G iPhone (and more)
Also, the iPhone relies on the heat of your fingers to register. Obvs, your nails don't have heat, so they won't work. Maybe trim your thumbnails down a bit so you can use the tips of your fingers more easily??

I usually use my index of thumbs, baby finger is WAY too hard and it feels unnatural lol. on your Treo, i assume you used your thumbs right? just use your thumbs for the iphone too. honestly, i think if you got used to it you would LOVE it. I am in love with it. browsing internet on it is amazing.

If you go to Settings, then click on Wi-Fi, and then slide the ON to OFF. If you do that, you will then be saving battery life and using Edge or 3G network (which is faster than Edge).

There is also a way to turn off 3G, but it's in another area (my DH has the 3G iPhone and I have the original iPhone) but I did see that option but I don't remember where - play with the iPhone to find it.

I love my iPhone but I don't text message that often. If you're unhappy with your new iPhone, maybe you could sell it on eBay? Verify that you can "cancel" your AT&T contract before selling your iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.