Iphone, not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been through my share of iphones and every time i get one, i remember why i got rid of it the first time around. first of all i have long nails also, makes it nearly impossible for me to text message. i dont even talk on the phone so it was really tough cause i had to bend my fingers so that i could type. then 2nd, there's no picture messaging! even a basic cheap phone has the ability to send and receive. it's just so annoying having to go to a website just to look at a picture. im also really annoyed at how the bluetooth function only works with a headset. i admit, i'm lazy but all of my computers have bluetooth to make all my file transfers easy. it just really messes up my groove. then there's the issue w/ the limited camera functions.
many valid points. I didnt know about the bluetooth, good to know because i transfer files the same way.

Yep...me ;)

Now, I will be honest, I'm kind of geeky, so I've tailored mine a lot. I LOVE it. MY only issue is that it's a bit thick (about as thick as a Treo) and I wish the screen was bigger, but those are minor issues. I have an 8gb micro sd card for video/music/apps, and you can expand up to 32gb. There are tons of free apps for it too. I have a different media player/dialer skin/internet browser from the one that comes with it. Opera Mini is a must have browser. Tons of games, GPS..etc etc..

Go to www.xda-developers.com and browse the Kaiser/TytnII forum and the development and hacking forum for some ideas on ways to customize it.

Geeky is good. Especially if I am to convince DH that this is the phone for me. He is a geek too so the more bells and whistles the better for me.:yes: I don't mind it being thicker either. I actually like a larger phone with a little weight behind it. Thanks for the link. I will check it out and the apps. I am soooo excited! :party:

Thanks Charles! Hopefully I can run by the AT&T store tomorrow and check it out in person.

I got my iPhone a few days ago after much coveting... and I'm not loving it. :sad:

^ I also hate the fact that there's no Bluetooth transfer. I mean, what's the point in having Bluetooth if you can't sync wirelessly with it?

When I hold the phone up to my ear I accidentally press buttons on the touchscreen with my face. Very annoying.

Sorry, had to vent. :P

Well I took the plunge again, I picked up my iphone yesterday and got a silicone cover for it(no more sliding around) cut down my thumb nails and so far so good. It does take some getting used to so we'll see. I blocked the 3g internet use on it, as i missed the promotion they had for 30$/ 6g's.. I have wifi at home so for now its good, and lets me get used to the phone.
Overall i'm not see it big woohoo about the phone, I guess its cool that it has music and videos :smile: I hate that my contacts have to be put in manually, could they not figure out how to import them from the sim card.. OI!
The cam on the phone is great, that is a good plus and I'm happy that the phone isnt freezing on my like my treo was.

QUESTION... do you not have name and number display on this phone? Everyone that has called me only the number has shown up.

I tried the Iphone HATED it have a blackberry pearl and I absolutely love it. I had the palm treo 755p and it was a smooth transition to the blackberry. My husband went from the treo to the blackberry curve and he loves it as well. BTW I have very long nails and have no problems at all.

Well I took the plunge again, I picked up my iphone yesterday and got a silicone cover for it(no more sliding around) cut down my thumb nails and so far so good. It does take some getting used to so we'll see. I blocked the 3g internet use on it, as i missed the promotion they had for 30$/ 6g's.. I have wifi at home so for now its good, and lets me get used to the phone.
Overall i'm not see it big woohoo about the phone, I guess its cool that it has music and videos :smile: I hate that my contacts have to be put in manually, could they not figure out how to import them from the sim card.. OI!
The cam on the phone is great, that is a good plus and I'm happy that the phone isnt freezing on my like my treo was.

QUESTION... do you not have name and number display on this phone? Everyone that has called me only the number has shown up.

what firmware do you have? 2.x allows you to import sim contacts. It's under settings-> mail, contacts, calendar -> import sim contacts. most at&t reps dont tell you this... it's stupid
Regarding the numbers showing up. you just have to redo your contacts.

what firmware do you have? 2.x allows you to import sim contacts. It's under settings-> mail, contacts, calendar -> import sim contacts. most at&t reps dont tell you this... it's stupid
Regarding the numbers showing up. you just have to redo your contacts.

Well when i pulled the phone in last night it updated the firmware, I want to say 2.2 but not sure/. pls tell me how to find out. I will check where you're saying and see if it lets me do that. thanks

My boyfriend is pretty disappointed with his iPhone. Functionally, as a tool for texting or calling, it just isn't that great. He's with AT&T and couldn't get reception in my old apartment and now barely gets any in our new apartment. It's hard to type out texts or emails because of the "keyboard" on screen.

He says he wishes he had just gotten a Blackberry or something more basic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.