Iphone, not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I need to amend what I said before. The touchscreen isn't heat sensitive, it's sensitive to the small electrical currents given off by your fingers. So, I'm not sure why it's not responding to your actual finger tips.

Finger tips or nails? Small electrical currents given off by your fingers is a funny way to describe it, but it's kind of the right idea. The touch screen has a specific charge to it. Basically, the properties of your skin changes the charge on the screen. Fingernails, which are made up of a different material, and have different properties, cannot do the same. (You can use your elbow if you want! jk)

There are touch screens that are built differently that read pressure. Finger nails would work on those. The reason why Apple went with one over the other is because of the multi-touch features and durability.

If you are interested for more details: http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/iphone1.htm

Oh! And one more thing. Apparently a company made a stylus for the iphone and touch. http://www.tenonedesign.com/stylus.php

Last edited:
...the problem is that we will have to get AT&T and they do not have one phone that I would want.

It is a cool phone and does some awesome things. I just don't like the styling and the lack of a real keyboard. I wish they could make it more like the enV or Rumor by LG with a keyboard that either opened up or would slide out.

You've seen the AT&T Tilt..yes?

att_tilt.jpg

WOW! I went to the site for the stylus - does it really work? If so, I will be getting one. My nails are long and I have to use my knuckle to tap the keys. In the winter I have to take off a
glove in order to have the screen work and I don't like that at all.

Thanks for the link:tup:

No problem. :smile: And it does work. My friend uses it on his first generation iPhone and it makes typing so much easier. The tip is also soft so you don't have to worry about damaging the screen.

My sprint agreement ends in about a month so I'm going to compare the iphone with the htc touch pro. I like a touch screen, but I find a qwerty keyboard convenient at times. The biggest incentive with the htc is sprint's simply everything plan for 99.00. Unlimited talk minutes, text, internet and tv plus I get a decent corporate discount on top of that. The iphone will really have to wow me since the most minutes I could get for the same price is like 450 minutes (plus unlimited texts and 7p starts). If they were just competitive with their plans, it would be an easier choice.

Do you know anyone who has the tilt?

Thanks!!

Yep...me ;)

Now, I will be honest, I'm kind of geeky, so I've tailored mine a lot. I LOVE it. MY only issue is that it's a bit thick (about as thick as a Treo) and I wish the screen was bigger, but those are minor issues. I have an 8gb micro sd card for video/music/apps, and you can expand up to 32gb. There are tons of free apps for it too. I have a different media player/dialer skin/internet browser from the one that comes with it. Opera Mini is a must have browser. Tons of games, GPS..etc etc..

Go to www.xda-developers.com and browse the Kaiser/TytnII forum and the development and hacking forum for some ideas on ways to customize it.

Coming in late here but I too didn't get on with the iphone. I wanted to love it, I adore all things Apple but so much didn't work for me. Things I took for granted on a mobile phone just weren't available. I traded it in for an ipod touch and returned to the lovely world of Samsung which is a much happier place for me to be!

I have had mine 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it BUT, text does take about a week to really get used to, and I hate the fact that such a basic function such as forwarding a text you have received is not an option! but the other facilities outweigh this so very much.
There are so many free applications you can download, I plug mine into the car, play the ipod through my stereo, and when the phone rings, the radio turns down, loads of games, the cameras fab, there is a cool site to download loads of free ringtones, honestly I think you need to give it a little more time, its the best phone I have ever had.

Yep...me ;)

Now, I will be honest, I'm kind of geeky, so I've tailored mine a lot. I LOVE it. MY only issue is that it's a bit thick (about as thick as a Treo) and I wish the screen was bigger, but those are minor issues. I have an 8gb micro sd card for video/music/apps, and you can expand up to 32gb. There are tons of free apps for it too. I have a different media player/dialer skin/internet browser from the one that comes with it. Opera Mini is a must have browser. Tons of games, GPS..etc etc..

Go to www.xda-developers.com and browse the Kaiser/TytnII forum and the development and hacking forum for some ideas on ways to customize it.

nice! geeky guys are awesome! ;)
:yes:

i have been through my share of iphones and every time i get one, i remember why i got rid of it the first time around. first of all i have long nails also, makes it nearly impossible for me to text message. i dont even talk on the phone so it was really tough cause i had to bend my fingers so that i could type. then 2nd, there's no picture messaging! even a basic cheap phone has the ability to send and receive. it's just so annoying having to go to a website just to look at a picture. im also really annoyed at how the bluetooth function only works with a headset. i admit, i'm lazy but all of my computers have bluetooth to make all my file transfers easy. it just really messes up my groove. then there's the issue w/ the limited camera functions.

i don't have it, but my bf does.
he absolutely adores his phone, but i'm not a big fan.
i love how it looks and how it works, but i hate how fragile it feels! everytime i borrow his phone, i feel like its gonna slip out my hands, drop, and break... and i'm always very, very careful when i set it down cuz i'm afraid it'll break, or scratch (the apple logo on the back scratches very easily), if i lightly toss it somewhere like you can with other phones... it just becomes a big hassle..
i actually need a new phone too. i think i wanna go with a blackberry:smile:

I have had mine 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it BUT, text does take about a week to really get used to, and I hate the fact that such a basic function such as forwarding a text you have received is not an option! but the other facilities outweigh this so very much.
There are so many free applications you can download, I plug mine into the car, play the ipod through my stereo, and when the phone rings, the radio turns down, loads of games, the cameras fab, there is a cool site to download loads of free ringtones, honestly I think you need to give it a little more time, its the best phone I have ever had.

Can you tell me which car kit or whatever you use to play your iPhone through the car stereo? I had an iPod plug installed into my car a couple of years ago, and it works great - I thought I could use that, but it's not compatible with the iPhone. :crybaby: I've been looking for something new. TIA!

Bag Fetish, if you are having trouble texting, try sliding your finger tip along the letters that you want. You dont have to treat it like a keyboard and lift your finger tips each time you want a letter. Good luck!:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.