iphone bag...opinions please

hi everyone...
as my 3G will be departing VERY soon, as I wait somewhat patiently for my 4S, I am desperately lusting over an iPhone bag (still)...

if you have one -
do you use it?
do you get the use you expected out of it?
what style and colour do you have?

thanks lovelies xx

I have a daria in oxblood. Don't use the messenger strap at all but use it as a phone holder every day! Useful inner and outer pockets for a credit card/tenner too.

I bought 2 recently - both smooth black patent bays. I bought 1 for me the other a possible Xmas gift. After trying to suss if my friend liked it I don't think she does so think that one will be going on to eBay. The other I definitely intend using but it seems it just seems a bit too nice to smudge or get dirty at the minute ... Just realised how daft that must seem and really will aim to give it an outing soon!

I had one and sold it for me it was silly as a phone case, to get in and out of was a nightmare my phone would have stopped ringing by the time i got to it and you cannot hear your phone very loud inside.
If you intent to use is as a mini bag then yes it is useful as just a phone case then no.

I have the black patent bays one. Getting phone in and out doesn't bother me and I've never missed a call. The size of it means that I can find it without rummaging too much. On holiday it's great with the strap, space for credit cards and lip balm and a key. Also doubles as a travel card holder for my Oyster card.

I have black patent bays version previously using the plum patent Daria version. I wouldn't be without one and haven't found either fiddly. A niggle re the bays version is that I have to be careeful where it sits in my bags or the postmans lock sticks out a small bump in the leather of the bag if it's facing out iykwim. The Daria was perfectly flat both sides therefore the problem didn't arise.

I have four iPhone holders I use them cross body so I can access my phone easily if I am out and about they fit into all the medium and bigger size bags really easily although they would somewhat fill up a lily or mini alexa size bag. You can pick up some very reasonably priced ones on eBay and they are nearly always at the outlets. If space is a bit tighter I do just use a normal iPhone cover as well the black silky snake is my favourite at the moment.