iphone 6, does it fit

Hi everyone
does the iPhone 6 fit into a knot clutch classic (normal) size?

I have a HTC Evo which is a tad bigger than the iPhone 6 and that fits in the normal size knot clutch that I tried on in the boutique. The knots I have are stretches. I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 6 plus but it's questionable if it will fit in those.

I'd like to know, too. Here are the dimensions or the new models without a case:

iPhone 6 = 2.64" Width x 5.44" Height x 0.27" Thickness

iPhone 6+ = 3.06" Width x 6.22" Height x 0.28" Thickness

I'd probably add 1/4 inch to each dimension if there was a case, just to be safe.

Also, I'm going to visit the iPhone 6 thread in the tech forum and ask if someone who has a Knot and a 6 to visit this thread.

Last edited:
I'd like to know, too. Here are the dimensions or the new models without a case:

iPhone 6 = 2.64" Width x 5.44" Height x 0.27" Thickness

iPhone 6+ = 3.06" Width x 6.22" Height x 0.28" Thickness

I'd probably add 1/4 inch to each dimension it there was a case, just to be safe.

Also, I'm going to visit the iPhone 6 thread in the tech forum and ask if someone who has a Knot and a 6 to visit this thread.
thanks burgh for checking, i hope someone can try their iPhone 6 in a classic knot and let us know :smile:

The current Entertainment Weekly magazine (with Key & Peele on the cover) has an advertisement for the new iphones on its back cover with life size pics--maybe you knot owners could lay your knot on the pics (the phone itself (in real life) is super thin) to get a pretty good idea.

I know my new 6 hangs out of the BV cervo phone pockets a lot more than my old 4--I'm learning to be more careful about how I toss my bag around, and making sure the top is closed too.

The current Entertainment Weekly magazine (with Key & Peele on the cover) has an advertisement for the new iphones on its back cover with life size pics--maybe you knot owners could lay your knot on the pics (the phone itself (in real life) is super thin) to get a pretty good idea.

What a great idea!!

I have a 6 plus on the way and I've been wondering the same thing. So thanks to kemilia this is what I've found -- keep in mind this is using cut out pictures of the phones, not the real phones!!

Iphone 6

There is a chance that the phone might bit up against the frame on either side. It is too long for the middle section though.

Iphone 6 Plus

There is no way the 6 Plus will work unless your phone ends up being one of the "bendy" phones!

I don't have a stretch knot but I don't think the 6 plus will work in it either.

Last edited:
What a great idea!!

I have a 6 plus on the way and I've been wondering the same thing. So thanks to kemilia this is what I've found -- keep in mind this is using cut out pictures of the phones, not the real phones!!

Iphone 6

There is a chance that the phone might bit up against the frame on either side. It is too wide for the middle section though.

Iphone 6 Plus

There is no way the 6 Plus will work unless your phone ends up being one of the "bendy" phones!

I don't have a stretch knot but I don't think the 6 plus will work in it either.

Thank you for this test sbelle! I've been wondering the same thing too. Glad I didn't order the 6 plus.

I haven't been in the BV subforum in awhile but saw jburgh's post in the electronics section.

Here is my iPhone 6 in a classic knot. It feels like it just barely fits, even though it looks like there is wiggle room in the photo.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411930706.357904.jpg

thank you sbelle and ellie for posting pics and trying your phone and paper phone in the bag.

does this deter you from using your classic size on an evening out? i haven't purchased a BV knot yet.. i'm wondering if i should purchase the larger size then?