Tech iPhone 4S Full Retail Price

CoachDivaNC

Dec 21, 2010
So my upgrade is not until March 2013 and I was wondering if it would be better for me to buy the iPhone 4S at full retial price and keep my upgrade for the iPhone 5 or 6 or whatever it will be then LOL than adding a line and paying an extra $40 a month????

Have you verified that you can't get the iPhone yet? With me, my upgrade is the same as yours, but for some reason, they'll let me get a discounted iPhone now.

Of course I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend the Galaxy S2 instead. Faster processor, 4G capable and at this point, probably cheaper. ;)

CoachDivaNC said:
LOL :smile: Yes I have verified that... I am not a fan of Android... I had one for 3 days lol

Oh well. In that case, check Craigslist for a used one? I'd imagine the new iPhone will be out in June 2012.

BTW, not all droid phones are alike. Was the one you tried a Galaxy? The Galaxy has Touchwiz, which is very similar to iOS. That's partly why I rec'd it.

so i'll tell you a story. she bought her iphone 4 in june and has wanted a white iphone 4S ever since it came out... recently, she found a brand new iphone 4S on craigslist for $450... then she plans to sell her iphone 4 for around $350-$400 on ebay. if it works out, she'd only be shelling out $50 to $100 for an iphone 4S!! maybe you can do that with yours too?? (assuming you have an iphone 4)

I would wait til the iPhone5 comes out if your 4 is still working fine. I personally do not even look at Craigslist because I think it's just a scam after a scam and I'd hate for someone to buy a phone on there that won't work with their carrier or that is stolen and won't activate.

That is true, I forgot to mention that there are a lot of scammer and stolen phones being sold on Craigslist. That's why you have to be smart and make sure to always meet the seller in an public place and with a friend.

Before my cousin met the seller, she asked the seller to give her the serial number of the iPhone and she double checked it with apple to make sure it's a real phone and also not a used/stolen phone.. In her case the phone was brand new and have never even used. Apparently it was being sold by an apple employee (one of those rare cases) and she even called apple store at the location the seller worked at and they verified it with her! But it's not always that easy, unfortunately.

I would wait til the iPhone5 comes out if your 4 is still working fine. I personally do not even look at Craigslist because I think it's just a scam after a scam and I'd hate for someone to buy a phone on there that won't work with their carrier or that is stolen and won't activate.

I currently dont have the 4 I have a BlackBerry..... Yeah I never deal with Craiglist.... Rather just buy it off contract.....

Well, if you don't NEED a new phone I'd wait til the 5 comes out, unless you don't care. I bought a 4s after my 4 was stolen and it's not drastically different IMO, the biggest thing for me is the camera. I don't care about or use SIRI at all, and the only thing i use iCloud for is to backup my contacts and the find my ipHone thing.

I'd imagine the new iPhone will be out in June 2012.

There is absolutely no chance Apple is going to come out with a new model in less than a year.

They have moved the iPhone announcement to October. The iPhone is their big moneymaker, and the Oct-Dec quarter is the largest selling quarter of the year.

If someone is waiting on a new iPhone, plan on October.

Vendrazi said:
There is absolutely no chance Apple is going to come out with a new model in less than a year.

They have moved the iPhone announcement to October. The iPhone is their big moneymaker, and the Oct-Dec quarter is the largest selling quarter of the year.

If someone is waiting on a new iPhone, plan on October.

I agree. Apple will most likely release the iPhone 5/6 in the 4th quarter.

For Apple, Oct-Dec is considered Q1, so the iPhone 4S was released in the first quarter of 2012.

Yeah, I don't know how these finance types get away with it either.

RIM's Q1 is even wackier -- like, July-September or something.