iPhone 4 Cases - 1st Gen is a fit, but how loose are the 3G ones?

Kittie LaRoche

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Has anyone tried and could let me know how loose the fit it?

I have a 1st Generation Mono and a Monogramouflage case and those are a perfect fit, so I think the 3G cases would let the iPhone 4 slip out, right?!

Right. 3G case is too loose, iPhone slips out.
I'm having the same problem. I hope LV is releasing iPhone 4 cases soon enough (so that there won't Be any scraches on mine)

Good to know. Thanks! :kiss:

My boyfriend is using the regular Mono but would prefer the Damier Graphite which only comes in the 3G size (if I'm not mistaken), so I guess he has to wait or be happy with what he has. :P

Edit: Like I said, the 1st Gen cases are a perfect fit. So if you want Mono, Monogramouflage, Taiga or red Epi trolling eBay might give you a great deal. I bought mine "blind" in the week the iPhone was introduced hoping the measurements would fit and paid 75US$ for each case.

Last edited:
graphite came in 1st gen b/c i have one. i actually just took it to LV last wk to get reglazed & ready for my iphone4. sadly i was not looking ahead & sold my camo case earlier this year :shucks:

graphite came in 1st gen b/c i have one. i actually just took it to LV last wk to get reglazed & ready for my iphone4. sadly i was not looking ahead & sold my camo case earlier this year :shucks:

Really?! :nuts: And so the hunt begins... *g*

I only saw the 3G Graphite on the website and when I called the hotline, they told me that was the only version it ever came in. So much for savy SAs...

How much was re-glazing if you don't mind me asking? :shame:

Really?! :nuts: And so the hunt begins... *g*

I only saw the 3G Graphite on the website and when I called the hotline, they told me that was the only version it ever came in. So much for savy SAs...

How much was re-glazing if you don't mind me asking? :shame:

I still don't know. From what I read on the forum I was expecting to pay $40 but when I got there the SA said she couldn't gv me an exact price but it would be btwn 40 - 80. She said she would call me when it came back & would have a price then. I dropped it off June 20th.

My dog got to the case so it was in pretty bad shape but she said they should be able to fix it. It's been in a drawer since I upgraded to 3g but with the new IP4 it was time to get her all shined up :smile:

will let you know the price when I find out.

I still don't know. From what I read on the forum I was expecting to pay $40 but when I got there the SA said she couldn't gv me an exact price but it would be btwn 40 - 80. She said she would call me when it came back & would have a price then. I dropped it off June 20th.

My dog got to the case so it was in pretty bad shape but she said they should be able to fix it. It's been in a drawer since I upgraded to 3g but with the new IP4 it was time to get her all shined up :smile:

will let you know the price when I find out.

Thank you! :kiss:

Same question here, i have been waiting for LV releasing its iphone 4 cases. Does anyone know the estimated date Louis Vuitton unveils new iphone cases. My sister recommended sourcingmap's affordable iPhone 4 cases to me after she received two silicone cases from the website. I will wait another two weeks and then decide if i will buy cases from other brands.

Right. 3G case is too loose, iPhone slips out.
I'm having the same problem. I hope LV is releasing iPhone 4 cases soon enough (so that there won't Be any scraches on mine)

I just saw the bumper for the 1st time today and to my surprise I liked the look :rolleyes: :P

I bet though with the bumper the 3G cases would be too tight.

*update*

since it's been over a month w/o hearing about my case I reached out to LV for an update. I spk with a rep who advised that it normally takes 6-8 wks for repair but she would chk. After a brief hold she advised the case was due bk yesterday & would chk w/ a sales rep. When she came bk to the phone she stated that my case could not be fixed but due to the fact that they had it so long they ordered me a new one. that's where things got odd. she said it looked like I didn't have it for long but when I dropped it off they couldn't find it in the computer since we bought it overseas. and it's a 1st Gen, what did they order?

she said I would hear bk from sales when my new case came in, which should be nxt wk. Will keep yall posted if it's indeed a 4 gen or not. I'm thinking the date code will tell all since they no longer make the 1st gen

I just saw the bumper for the 1st time today and to my surprise I liked the look :rolleyes: :P

I bet though with the bumper the 3G cases would be too tight.

Yes, I think it'll be way too tight.
Unfortunately, my iPhone slipped out of my hands and fell onto the streets yesterday. I'm mad at myself that I didn't order a case yet and waited for LV to make one.
It still works... but guess how it looks!