Tech iPad Vs. Other Tablets?

kaka28 said:
Congratulations and yes I know what your mean you do get addicted, you soon will be hunting for iPad accessories. What colour did u go for??

I got the white one to match my iPhone! And yes I've already started the hunt for cases and ordered a pink one off eBay lol

I ended up buying a white iPad 2 from bestbuy over the weekend. I can't put it down

I was against an Ipad for years and finally bought the new one in March. I don't know how I functioned with out it. I never leave home without it, unless I am carrying a clutch lol I am upgraded to an Iphone in November

I used to have an android phone and I hated it! I have an iPhone now and I can't live without, I would like to get an iPad (not the newest one though) it's just the price that holds me back.

Hey OP,

You can get an iPad 2 from best buy for $350! I was just there the other day and anytime I buy something from best buy i ALWAYS ask if they have open box item. And they always have ipads in open box items. Which means someone bought it, and returned it, therefore the box was opened. They are still brand new though. I wouldn't even call them used. I've been thinking about this for a while as well. I will be getting the new iPhone this year, so I myself was wondering WHAT to get. I can't figure out. But most likeley I will wait for the new iPad and see the price of that, or get the iPad 2 open box.

Oops sorry I jus saw that you bought one. Excellent. Another thing I forgot to mention.
Anything Apple product are a great investment. They are so easily sold used it's not even funny. So when the time comes for you to sell it and upgrade, you can easily sell it for $200 or more and put that into your new device.

I highly recommend the Nook, along with an N2A Card - it turns your Nook into a full android device w/o jail breaking the device or voiding the warranty.

http://n2acards.com/

You can get a Nook color for $139, the tablet for $159-179 (depending on the memory - but since N2A card upgrades your memory, you don't need the larger one!) & and a N2A memory card for as little as $29.99 (or $19.99 if you download it yourself!)

I did this for daughter last year & she loves it! Says its almost as good as my iPad!

can't decide which tablet to buy for my eight year old grandaughter. Not an ipad, just something inexpensive. Any suggestions?

I bought the smaller Kindle Fire for my two granddaughters (12 & 8) on their birthdays two months ago and they haven't tired of them yet, they love them. They love the games they downloaded most of all, but one can download TV programs, movies, music, and of course books (all from Amazon). Some are free, some cost $$.
They haven't picked up their ipods or DS's since they got these Kindles.
The size is nice for them too, not as big as an ipad.

I just got the Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1 last night. Had the xoom before that. So far it is pretty kewl. The stylus is the best thing so far. Lets you write and then it changes it to a typed text. Just fun to play with. I do like that the speakers on facing towards the user. Sounds better, although I tend to use earphones.