Tech Ipad Service Plan

natcolb65

O.G.
Mar 31, 2009
Hi Guys!!

I'm getting my BF an Ipad for xmas and was wondering if anybody that has one bought the service plan and if so do you think it's worth the extra $100.

Thanks

Hi Guys!!

I'm getting my BF an Ipad for xmas and was wondering if anybody that has one bought the service plan and if so do you think it's worth the extra $100.

Thanks

Clearly depends on what the use will be. If he is mobile and will be using it on the road (with no access to a wifi connection) then he may want it. If he is mostly at home user then wifi works great and you will be better getting a larger memory device or $100 worth of apps.

If his mobile use will be limited and carries a phone that can handle it he can spend a few dollars when needed and tether his mobile phone to the iPad and create a wifi zone for about 15 dollars a month instead of the 3G version.

Clearly depends on what the use will be. If he is mobile and will be using it on the road (with no access to a wifi connection) then he may want it. If he is mostly at home user then wifi works great and you will be better getting a larger memory device or $100 worth of apps.

If his mobile use will be limited and carries a phone that can handle it he can spend a few dollars when needed and tether his mobile phone to the iPad and create a wifi zone for about 15 dollars a month instead of the 3G version.

Thanks Tuesdays Child but I was talking about the plan that pays for repairs and tech support. I already decided not to get the one with 3G because he'll mostly use it at home or work and when he's out he has the EVO so I think he can use that for 3G.

Thanks Tuesdays Child but I was talking about the plan that pays for repairs and tech support. I already decided not to get the one with 3G because he'll mostly use it at home or work and when he's out he has the EVO so I think he can use that for 3G.

Ahhh... Sorry. You mean AppleCare.

Bear in mind that you already get 1 year with the purchase (90 days tech and 1 Year hardware) and that the screen to my knowledge is not covered in either event so I would say skip it. You can always add it later with a certain amount of time (within the first year).

I did get in on my macbook but I am more dependent on it for business and cant be without it.

maybe check with your current homeowners insurance - i know people have said that you can add your cell phone to your policy and its cheaper than normal phone insurance and it covers anything and everything - so i wonder if the same thing can be done with other electronics?

Thanks guys!!!

Tuesdays Child, I didn't know that your automatically covered. Now knowing that I think I'll skip it and if he wants it he can purchase it himself.

I luvshopping, I think I will tell him to check his homeowners to see if they will cover it.

Lovemymarc, I was actually going to buy it from the Apple store. Should I buy it from Best Buy?