Tech iPad in Canada versus US - difference?

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Hi,

My SO lives in the US and I currently live in Canada and I'm wanting to get him an iPad for Christmas. I'm not sure whether there's a difference (other than the dollar conversion)? I will be going back to the US only one more time before the holidays and we're off to our annual xmas vacation. I'm not sure whether i'll have time to sneak away and get the gift without him being around while I'm in his state.

Does anyone know if I purchase it in Canada, whether it's the same specs? or if something were to go wrong with it (and I purchase apple care) that he can get it fixed of swapped in the US?

Thanks so much! Sorry if this is a noobie question. =)

I'd double check on the Apple Care stuff - my BF used to work for Apple and at that time, they couldn't service Apple items bought in other countries (so if there's a problem and it was bought in Canada, they may not look at it in the US if there are problems). It was a stupid policy (and I think there was an element of discretion involved), so hopefully it's changed, but I'd check into it before buying!

I'd double check on the Apple Care stuff - my BF used to work for Apple and at that time, they couldn't service Apple items bought in other countries (so if there's a problem and it was bought in Canada, they may not look at it in the US if there are problems). It was a stupid policy (and I think there was an element of discretion involved), so hopefully it's changed, but I'd check into it before buying!
It should be alright as long as he registers the serial number to himself, then it will have an american account and address on there. They are all made in the same place.

I used to work for Apple as well and there were a few countries we weren't allowed to take returns from but I think we were allowed to service them. I don't remember it specifically.