Tech iPad case/sleeve ONLY

the new agenda case from vajacases.com looks really nice.
i'm loving it since it taken the shape of the original apple ipad case
but for 220$ is kinda steep :sad:
Screenshot2010-09-20at122130PM.jpg

Neat one.

Etch a sketch Ipad cover

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...y-An-Etch-A-Sketch-protective-cover-iPad.html

The ultimate Apple accessory: The protective cover that turns your iPad into an Etch A Sketch
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:32 PM on 22nd September 2010
Comments (5) Add to My Stories
It is perhaps the ultimate gift for those among us who just refuse to grow up.
And this official Etch a Sketch case for your iPad is the perfect way of adding some retro cool to the ultimate gadget.
The rubber case has been officially licensed by Ohio Art, the company that first produced the iconic toy, and is an exact replica of the original.
And if your iPad wasn't cool enough: now a manufacturer has given owners to place their gadget in a new Etch -A-Sketch case that makes it look like the classic game
It slips over the iPad to protect it from knocks and even comes with the familiar legs on the back so it can stand at an angle.
More...BlackBerry maker 'to unveil 'BlackPad' tablet to take on iPad next week'

Sadly, the white dials do not allow you to draw and shaking the iPad will not clear the screen.

Etch A Sketch is celebrating its 50th year and has sold over 150 million units since it was first launched in 1060. It is still available to buy today.
Daniel Deutsch, CEO of Headcase said: 'Etch A Sketch has been one of the most recognised and iconic toys for generations.
'The iPad, like the Etch A Sketch, is also instantly recognisable and has defined an entirely new category of technology.
'It has been a thrill to work with Ohio Art to bring the look and the feel of the world's most popular drawing toy to Apple's latest opus. It is the perfect accessory for those of us who never really grew up.'
Designed to help celebrate the iconic drawing toy's 50th anniversary, it features strategically placed windows to allow for easy use of all your iPad switches, ports, and buttons
Made of impact resistant ABS plastic, the Etch A Sketchcase is designed to protect an iPad. The case also features strategically placed windows to allow for easy use of all your iPad switches, ports, and buttons.
There is also a retractable kick stands that allow you to either lay your iPad flat, or angle it for easy use of the iPad keyboard.
An Etch A Sketch application is available to download for the iPad, which even includes a 'shake to clear' function.

The officially licensed $39.00 (£25)case from US-firm Headcase is available online.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...etch-protective-cover-iPad.html#ixzz10IHgEzoo

i think the iPad thread become long in time and it would be great to have a special thread on the case.

which on you got or eyeing on?
how is it?
how much?
where to get it?

my iPad is not here yet but i have few cases i'm eyeing on from the apple store and other sites recommended by PFers on the iPad thread

Apple iPad case
$39
http://store.apple.com/us/product/IPAD_CASE?mco=MTc0MjU1OTM
ipadcover.jpg

Belkin grip vue for iPad
$49.95
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0985VC/A?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc&mco=MTc0NzA4NjY
iPadbelkingrip.jpg

printed skin leather by Tovicorrie
$90
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tovicorrie

il_fullxfull144683042.jpg

Bumping this thread---
I wanted to check in with everyone and see how they are liking their cases. I am looking at getting a new one. I have the first case pictured (apple's case) and I kind of dislike it now. It's wearing down on the edges and just is boring.

I have the SGP vintage case, about 6 months now. (See Seahorseinstripes post #4.)
I love the thin profile, and the fact that the entire glass screen is exposed. It's starting to get a bit wonky now. I've dropped it a few times and it has protected my iPad, but it's looking a little beat up and the compression corners don't hold as well any more. Also, the sueded finish is starting to wear in spots. I would buy another one, but I think I'd go with the color leather instead of the vintage. It's kept my iPad safe, and the design works for me, but I expected it to last more than 6 months.

I am SO torn on what kind of case to get.

I have a 4 yo, so my gut is telling me to get something super hard core, like the Otterbox Defender series, but it makes the iPad so big, it takes away from the whole point of the iPad being slim and sleek.

I also would love something fun, but so many of the cases are boring.

ARUGH!

I am curious what cases people use for their iPads. Mine was naked until I found the perfect one on Etsy (by our tPF bag charm guru, Leatherprince). This Doxie looks just like my Sizzles :biggrin:

5274370750_ae36213999_b.jpg

5273763735_927baa2c89.jpg

5274371200_c103f08a36.jpg

What do you use?

That is adorable OP! We originally used a silicone cover from the Apple store but DS kept taking it off. Now we use a heavy duty one that we bought online cuz DS isn't very gentle with it.