Involuntary Coach ban support group

OK ladies. All the talk about selling finally prompted me to make an account on PM. I don’t know why a bunch of people are following me already. Like am I supposed to follow them back? :lol:. Also on my account page, I see my first name, last initlal and my username—do other people see my user name only or also my real name? I am a bit overwhelm by so much “stuff” happening within minutes of joining :sad:
They see your first name and last initial, and your user name. They get ambassador status if they share listings of new people. That is the one thing I haven't been able to do yet. I can't find new people to share.

Reactions: Iamminda
They see your first name and last initial, and your user name. They get ambassador status if they share listings of new people. That is the one thing I haven't been able to do yet. I can't find new people to share.

Thanks. I changed my real name to my username in my account setting. Not sure if that is ok (I saw some accounts didn’t have their real names). I didn’t expect so much stuff right away. I thought just create an account first and slowly take my time to learn the lay of the land

I don't like choosing UPS or Fedex because USPS picks up from my house. With UPS or Fedex, I have to take them into a store. There are box dropoffs but most boxes don't fit inside. Even though the UPS store is open on Saturday, packages never go out until Monday, and they don't deliver on Saturday. With USPS if I mail a package on Saturday, it moves through the system over the weekend.

I hate Fedex. I've never had a package from Fedex get delivered by the estimated delivery date. Every package that is coming to me always changes to delivery pending when the estimated delivery date gets close, and then it is sometimes another 2 weeks before I get my package!
I agree about scheduling a USPS pick up from home - so convenient!

Reactions: Syren and whateve
OK ladies. All the talk about selling finally prompted me to make an account on PM. I don’t know why a bunch of people are following me already. Like am I supposed to follow them back? :lol:. Also on my account page, I see my first name, last initlal and my username—do other people see my user name only or also my real name? I am a bit overwhelm by so much “stuff” happening within minutes of joining :sad:
If someone follows me I will follow them back. If they share any of my items, I share theirs too. And I’m always sharing my items to keep them updated. Oh and if ever go on vaca you set up your closet so that you’re away and others know so they won’t make purchases from you. Any Q feel free to ask here. Once you get used to it it’s really easy to use and navigate it.

Honestly no one on Mercari minds paying shipping. They expect to as most are sellers as well. As long as you choose a decent option for them they are fine-- such as choosing USPS for the 1 lb and under, and UPS for the 5 lbs and under, it is typically never an issue for a buyer--since those are most cost effective. The main thing is it is best to not choose USPS for anything over 1 lb as the costs can be more and in general (depending on how far it is going) UPS is faster and mercari has a good rate with them (or at least more consistent in arrival times). They have Fedex too, but most people dislike fedex, lol.

I've seen a few people mention that UPS is cheaper for them on mercari than USPS but for me they're the same price (well a 50 cent difference) since most of the items I sell are between 3.5-5 lbs. So I usually go with USPS since it's faster. I just looked at one of my listing for a 3 lb box and USPS is $12 and UPS is $13.50.

I wonder if it's a regional thing because USPS seems to always be my cheapest option. It's interesting!

Reactions: whateve and Alexa5
I've seen a few people mention that UPS is cheaper for them on mercari than USPS but for me they're the same price (well a 50 cent difference) since most of the items I sell are between 3.5-5 lbs. So I usually go with USPS since it's faster. I just looked at one of my listing for a 3 lb box and USPS is $12 and UPS is $13.50.

I wonder if it's a regional thing because USPS seems to always be my cheapest option. It's interesting!
That is good! I think you are right it could be regional in that way.

Reactions: Syren

For me, UPS is a little more expensive, but the difference is usually less than a $1. Most of my items are between 1 and 3 pounds.

ETA: I'm glad it is different for everyone so people won't complain that I didn't pick the cheapest option.

Reactions: Syren