Involuntary Coach ban support group

One thing you can do with those you are less interested in, is configure a few of them to a page size on your printer/scanner if you have one--and then scan them. I did that with some old family photos people sent me that I didn't need the physical picture but could still have access to it if I wanted later.

As for my regular photos once I got a system down I quit using photo albums and now store them as yearly online files. I use a thumb drive and a back up hard drive so they are stored in two places. The things that were in photo albums, I put some in a photo box, and some I scanned like mentioned above. So now I just have a physical box but most of the others are online. I used to love photo albums but I don't miss them as they took up too much space.
Thanks for sharing. One of these days I will work on this lol.

DH surprised me and went through his clothes this morning (that's where I've been) and I forgot DS already did his so I can check that off. Now, it's books. Then the dreaded paper...I can going to have to get into the right mindset for that.

Marie Kondo says to tackle the sentimental items last, which include the photos and other items, because we will have become stronger and more skilled in dealing with what we are keeping and what we can discard after practising with the other categories. I'm still a long ways from the sentimental items. Like you, I have a ton of photos and my Mom has said she's getting all the photo albums (many, many albums) ready to give to me and my sister. :whut: So I'm going to have to deal with actual photos, plus the digital ones. I don't have any ideas yet, but asking around for the future. A friend of ours is currently scanning all his family photos and slides which sounds like a huge job. DH says we can load our digital photos onto the Cloud.

We are waiting to see where COVID19 will be in another month or so, I think, to determine what will happen for the next school year. It's hard to make decisions now when things could go one way or the other in a matter of weeks. Our family and friends who work in healthcare are mostly hospital based and working at their locations.
Yeah I never got to the sentimental part of cleaning up. I tackled the easier stuff first. :P I have a difficult time with the “there’s nothing wrong with this and I might need it in the future” items.

Oh and along the lines of things I need to take care of. I have A TON of cds I need to figure out what to do with. I have a few box sets that I will hold onto. I just stream music now. What has everyone else done with their cds?

Yeah I never got to the sentimental part of cleaning up. I tackled the easier stuff first. :P I have a difficult time with the “there’s nothing wrong with this and I might need it in the future” items.

Oh and along the lines of things I need to take care of. I have A TON of cds I need to figure out what to do with. I have a few box sets that I will hold onto. I just stream music now. What has everyone else done with their cds?
I think I've gotten rid of all the CDs, the VHS tapes and the DVDs. I know I'd never need them again. I have a lot of music copied onto my computer.

I have a problem with the "there's nothing wrong with this and I might need it in the future" items too. There have been times I got rid of something and then had to buy it again. I realized yesterday when I made cinnamon rolls that I have too many glass and corningware pans. I really only need one of each size. When I get motivated I'm going to clean out that cabinet and save all the extras to see if my daughter wants them.

I've been going through my swimsuits. Usually every year I buy a new one but continue to use the old ones. There are several in which the elastic is shot so I'm getting rid of those when I find them. I couldn't resist buying two more swimsuits online, which is something I never do, but the last two years I found a brand that fits me well so I feel comfortable ordering without trying on and they were super cheap. I feel this takes the pressure off from having to buy one next year.

My CDs are in my car... in a case I’ve had since high school. Lol. The case fits in my seat back pocket so I never think of it. I have 2 or 3 CDs that I will listen to, but it’s rare.

Last year, my DH sent some of our old CDs to a place called Declutter I think. You scan each CD and they will let you know what they would give you for each one (like a dime to a quarter :lol:, which is better than throwing them in the trash). I think they give you a free shipping label. You can look at their website for more details.

:lol: DH thinks my food is sad looking because I like plain stuff, like no/not much dressing or condiments (like my burger is just patty and buns!). For apples, I only eat red delicious. etc.

Sadest foods? Why does he say That?

:lol: I am sorry that I misspoke and gave you the impression I have been “making“ salads. I meant to say, I rinse packaged salad kits (and spin it dry) and prewashed spinach etc (and lightly sauté it). That’s the extent of my involvement these days. (My DD hates veggies and I can no longer “force” her to eat it at her age :sad:). I love a good caesar salad too, especially with bay shrimp in it. I have been eating a simple version of a chef salad for lunch a lot lately — just my Caesar Salad Kit with shredded ham and semi-soft boiled eggs. I did try making a Caesar salad from scratch once many years ago. DH likes to try new recipes since this is the first time he has really cooked a lot — recently, he made his first 3-bean salad and potato salad (with Japanese Mayo). We saw a glass noodle salad on a Japanese show we were watching (with subtitles :lol:) — DH wants to make it sometime.
Aw...you're so sweet. You are definitely making a salad! You have to put it all together, don't you? There's a salad kit I quite enjoy with a variety of lettuces, sunflower seeds and a creamy dressing. That's making a salad in my book! I am going to try your idea of the Caesar salad with bay shrimp...now do you steam or pan fry the shrimp? Your DH is doing well with his salads. I am intrigue with the Japanese Mayo in the potato salad. I'm going to have to check that out. You have lots of fun cooking going on at your house!