Involuntary Coach ban support group

I do know I will enjoy them (I already am!). I am also pretty committed to rotating my bags every 1-3 days and even track my use to make sure I really am using my bags. I I find I am not I either use them or they move on to other homes. Unfortunately we are in for rain here for next couple of days so I am carrying one of my rainy day bags when I would rather be wearing my new Whiplash Saddle :love::love::love: or a Rogue!

I do think I can stay away from more bags - while I love thinking of other colours and so on in bags I know I love, I don't have any "unfulfilled bag needs" in my collection, at least not in respect to my own preferences.

I do need to make sure I just don't make up needs where I don't actually have any to justify a shopping/spending urge! For example, I don't have a big old tote, but I also am NOT a tote person in my experience. I have to remind myself of that every now and then when I see people gushing about how much they love and use their own tote. Even though one sort of makes sense in my worklife I know I would not enjoy carrying it (and I get more joy & sentimentality carrying either my late mother's old briefcase, or the one she gifted me many years ago, when I need to carry files, papers, and binders that will not fit in a medium bag). I do have a small waterproof nylon Lug tote bag I use almost daily to carry my lunch and such, and it does the job just fine even if is not fancy - and I actually really like it though it is certainly nothing drool worthy! So I really don't need a larger or more expensive leather/coated canvas etc tote! I just need to stick to what I know I love, and away from what I know I don't! Even if sometimes it means talking myself down from the "Checkout Now" button!

I was quite happy when I went for sunglasses over the bags in my wishlist yesterday. I know it is still "spending" but I also know I will use them, and I know I will be returning a couple pairs of the sunglasses at least, whereas a bag I would likely keep! In particular, I managed to convince myself not to buy another saddle bag, as it would be purely for colour, not need. I also stuck to my promise to myself to not buy ANY more wallets until the ones I have are truly dead. I have three already in various sizes, and I hate changing out wallets (unlike bags!) so that is already more than I really need!

I don't have much interest in anything in the Fall 2017 Collection that I have seen so far. My weakness will be if they add any more Rogue 25s to the sale (they had Blue Azure up shortly yesterday before it sold out, but I knew immediately that was a colour, as pretty as it is, would not get any use for me)
Sounds like you got a good plan in place. Yep, I have been guilty of buying a bag (or two or three, lol) just because of the color. I can also relate to buying bags because others here are gushing about them. It's hard with all the enabling going on here -- got to stay strong or some take a break from here.

Thank you! I'm starting slowly to let go of my pumps. I hardly go out on dates so bye bye heels and hello comfort shoes. And don't ask how many leopard shoes I have. Lol!
What? You have multiple pairs of leopard shoes? So envious. I like the way they look but I don't know what to wear them with. Years ago, I had a leopard kinda-spandex top that I love love. But now I don't think I can pull it off anymore (sigh).

What? You have multiple pairs of leopard shoes? So envious. I like the way they look but I don't know what to wear them with. Years ago, I had a leopard kinda-spandex top that I love love. But now I don't think I can pull it off anymore (sigh).
Leopard is the new neutral. Actually it has been for several years now. People are wearing them with everything. Just Google leopards and stripes outfit. Tons of inspiration on Pinterest. :smile:

Reactions: Iamminda
Good afternoon, Ladies! I've been away a bit as it's nearing the end of the school year and there's no end of scrapbooks, projects and activities to finish up with the children, report cards, and my own cleaning and tidying of the classroom. So I've been quite tired in the evening and going to bed early. One more week with students and then another week or so of intense purging, filing and organizing. Then the summer holidays can truly start and I can turn my attention to my garden which has been woefully neglected.

DS graduates on Sunday so that's another busy life event and the in-laws are all coming for the convocation. I told DH we are all going out for a late lunch afterwards. I don't feel I can do any additional food prep to have a meal together at home at this time of the year, not while working full time.

Purse wise, my consignment store notified me to say three bags, a wristlet, a luggage tag and a key ring had sold! So I've collected a tidy sum to use towards a new summer handbag purchase. I have my eye on the Coach Rogue 25 in chalk. And of course, I have my new Speedy B 30 DE to look forward to!

I hope everyone is doing well. :wave:

Good afternoon, Ladies! I've been away a bit as it's nearing the end of the school year and there's no end of scrapbooks, projects and activities to finish up with the children, report cards, and my own cleaning and tidying of the classroom. So I've been quite tired in the evening and going to bed early. One more week with students and then another week or so of intense purging, filing and organizing. Then the summer holidays can truly start and I can turn my attention to my garden which has been woefully neglected.

DS graduates on Sunday so that's another busy life event and the in-laws are all coming for the convocation. I told DH we are all going out for a late lunch afterwards. I don't feel I can do any additional food prep to have a meal together at home at this time of the year, not while working full time.

Purse wise, my consignment store notified me to say three bags, a wristlet, a luggage tag and a key ring had sold! So I've collected a tidy sum to use towards a new summer handbag purchase. I have my eye on the Coach Rogue 25 in chalk. And of course, I have my new Speedy B 30 DE to look forward to!

Congrats on your sales!

Reactions: musiclover

Hi ML. What a busy and exciting time for you -- congrats on DS's graduation and on finishing your 30th year of teaching. And just a couple more weeks till your summer starts -- I bet you can't wait. Also something else to look forward to -- your new SB 30 DE, please be sure to post pics and let us know about the shopping experience.

That's great that you sold a few things. I should look into using a consignment shop -- not sure if there are any good ones nearby. Do you find it easier and relatively competitive with online sites? (Not sure if you sell online too). My stuff just ain't moving but I am too lazy (and a bit hesitant) to try other sites. I should probably just let them be -- if they sell, they sell, if not, not the end of the world.

Reactions: musiclover
Hi ML. What a busy and exciting time for you -- congrats on DS's graduation and on finishing your 30th year of teaching. And just a couple more weeks till your summer starts -- I bet you can't wait. Also something else to look forward to -- your new SB 30 DE, please be sure to post pics and let us know about the shopping experience.

That's great that you sold a few things. I should look into using a consignment shop -- not sure if there are any good ones nearby. Do you find it easier and relatively competitive with online sites? (Not sure if you sell online too). My stuff just ain't moving but I am too lazy (and a bit hesitant) to try other sites. I should probably just let them be -- if they sell, they sell, if not, not the end of the world.

Hi I! Thank you so much! Time goes by so fast. I can't believe another chick is flying the coop. It's been an exciting but very busy year at home and school and I am looking forward to slowing things down.

I have not sold anything online, just purchased a few things. I've not always been completely happy with my "sight unseen" buys so I haven't done it for a few years.

There's two consignment shops not too far from me. I've been taking my things to sell there (bags, shoes, jewelry and clothes) for the past number of years. I just find it easier to let them handle it all as I'm working full time and can have quite intensely busy weeks over holiday times, September and June, which pretty much covers the whole year. I'd never be able to manage sales, packaging and mailing, and I'm not really interested in doing all that.

The shops always want to know the original price the item was worth, even if I got it for a deal. I save all sales tickets and receipts so there's no question. Usually they price the item for 50% of the original price, and I get half of whatever it sold for. It goes both ways--I might make only 25% off something I paid full price for, but if I got it on a deal then I do better. If it's a brand new, unworn item, it might be priced higher. I figure I got my use from the item so whatever I make I just "recycle" the money into a new item.