"Investing" In High End Denim

My body weight used to fluctuate alot so I would never spend more then $50 on jeans!! :wtf: I would always buy them on sale at American Eagle! I still love their different fits, their lengths are usually perfect (I'm a short 5'2) and they are comfortable for me. Designer jeans I thought were only good for "taller" gals. I never wanted the hassle of hemming jeans when I only wore them on weekends or random nights out, KWIM?

I've recently taken the plunge and started "investing" in designer jeans. They are so worth it to me I love them and never knew jeans could be so flattering! - well I only buy them at discount stores for half the price .. but $1000 on a pair of jeans?!? I could think of so many uses for that $1000..

I draw the line at $220 - the price of my leather Las Palmas paiges. About half of my designer denim is from either thrift or consignment stores.

There was a time where I'd love to spend €250 (something like $395) in Diesel jeans but lately I've been more laid back... Pepe Jeans, Tommy Hifiger Denim, a few D&G... nothing special..

Altough I love TR and 7FAM I never found a style that I liked on me...

wow! i was flipping throught this month's Cosmo and I saw a pair of True Religion's for AUD$500 plus. I already thought that was much! the most i ever spent was AUD$330 on Serfontaine. and i think i met my limit on jeans that day. to think anyone can spend 1k let alone 10k on denim. pure denim with crystal DETAIL only.

I only buy True Religion jeans but I don't think they are an investment. I have always loved jeans and these are the ones that I like the best.

The way they are cut ( I wear Joeys ) and they way they fit my body plus the way they are well made make me keep buying more.

There is always a good code for websites ( sometimes 35% off!! ) or ebay to find a good deal.

I would spend $200-$250 on a pair and I would love I would love them and they would last forever.

All jeans are not created equal...some are better quailty than others and fit better.

Some people think spending $$$ on a purse or other high end items we buy is crazy. Nothing wrong with buying premium denim also imo.:yes:

I buy most of my jeans second-hand, so do wear designer, just don't pay the high prices...BUT...a few years ago my DH told me for my birthday that he would buy me one outfit, anything that I wanted! Normally, I am a huge bargain shopper, so this was really hard for me, as I almost NEVER pay full-price. We shopped the whole day....Gucci, LV, etc...and I found nothing. The next day, I went to Cavalli, and bought the most beautiful outfit...I still am in love with it. The jeans were @ $900. Under normal circumstances...they would never be anything that I would have purchased....but as I could get ANYTHING...I went for it! Hopefully one day my daughters will wear them, as well!

200 is the max i would spend on jeans. since i am no longer wear jeans on a daily basis..i had 2~3 in boot legged and 1 straight leg and 1 skinny and i don't plan on buying another pair for a long time....oh..i just remind myself of watching my weight.

Forget buying the jeans, this article makes me want to go out and buy stock in these companies!

Even designer jeans don't fit me properly. Stupid short legs. The shortest petites I found were still 3 or 4 inches too long, and the rise is always out of proportion. For me, it's pointless to spend more when the cheaper ones do just as good a job at not fitting. :rolleyes:

wow! i was flipping throught this month's Cosmo and I saw a pair of True Religion's for AUD$500 plus. I already thought that was much! the most i ever spent was AUD$330 on Serfontaine. and i think i met my limit on jeans that day. to think anyone can spend 1k let alone 10k on denim. pure denim with crystal DETAIL only.

I think I remember that 10K pair of jeans. I'd be terrified of wearing them anywhere. I'd always be checking to make sure I didn't lose a crystal. I like my expensive jeans but I know that someday I'll wear them to death... like my poor Benedict Canyons. And even then I'll patch them up.

I do have designer jeans, but I would never in a million years exceed the $300 I paid for one pair of stunning R&R's. :nuts: I would much rather spend 1K and up on a handbag, or $500 on a pair of beautiful shoes than on a single pair of jeans. To each her own! :smile:

I wear premium denim $130-$400, but not designer denim (more expensive). I never thought I would pay this much for jeans, but the fit and quality is loads better than some of the lower end brands I've worn in the past. I actually feel good in my jeans now and I never felt that way before. Plus I can sell them later and that's a bonus. That's how I justify buying them half the time.

I have two pairs of designer jeans right now: Rock & Republic and Joe's. Both of them fit my tall frame well, dont sag around my butt, and have beautiful washes. I was an Abercrombie jeans girl until my mom bought me the R&Rs for my 14th birthday. I plan on buying more! If I had the money, I would consider buying a pair of jeans above $400. I wouldnt exactly call designer jeans an investment, but they keep longer and will retain their value more than jeans from places like Gap and American Eagle. And they look nicer.
But thats just my opinion. :smile:

i understand that I should splurge when I find a pair of jeans that fit me (with my tiny size, it's impossible most of the time). but splurging on a pair of jeans is like $170. now a wopping $1,000! that's like, stupid. haha

I used to have a very hard time finding jeans until I tried on some Joe jean. I absolutely love them! They fit me perfectly, especially since they now started making petite Joe's! However, I will never spend more than $200 on jeans. :nogood: