Investing in Hermes boots and which one?

Jan 30, 2013
Hello everyone! I am currently having a dilemma. I am set to travel next week to a country that is currently experiencing spring. I am thinking of investing in Hermes boots or just get the quicker sneakers. No compariso, I know. But I live in a tropical country which means I wouldn't really get much use out of boots except when travelling (we travel atleast twice a year).

First dilemma is to invest in boots or not?

Second dilemma is if to invest in boots then is it jumping boots or the joueuse?
I love both designs.

Attaching a picture of both. TIA for your help! :heart:

Attachments

• IMG_7720.jpg
    IMG_7720.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,111
  • IMG_7721.jpg
    IMG_7721.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,678
If you live in the tropics and only travel twice a year do you need expensive boots? If the price is of no consequence and you want them, I'd get whichever boot flatters you more -ankle and jumping are very different. Otherwise, I would not bother with boots :smile:

Reactions: dessert1st
I have both styles and I love them, Jumpings a tad more only because I wear flats better. Just a note also that not everyone finds Jumpings comfortable so do please try these in particular before buying. As it is Spring where I am, I don't really wear these anymore, they are mainly for winter. Also note the difficulty on removing Jumping boots at airpor security. Quickers are definitely more useful for travel AND a tropical country, but I won't stop you buying any boots!

Reactions: prepster
For travel my suggestion is sneakers.
Have you considered Hermes Neo boots? With flat heels, more comfortable for walking.
Jumping boots are not the most comfortable boots to wear while traveling and hard to take off unless you have helpers with you at airport security check point. IMO jumping boots are not meant for long walking unless you broke them in advance.

My SA did not recommend the Jumping boots as he told me that they are mainly for equestrian riding and not so comfortable for daily wear. He recommends the Neo boots,

I would vote for sneakers, I have a pair of Quicker sneakers and they are comfortable. They would be perfect for travel if you are casually dressed and your feet will definitely thank you at the end of the day after all the walking and sight seeing. Even when you are back home, it will still be something that you will wear.

I have a liking for the joueuse booties as well because it is something that I am contemplating to get because of the luscious leather but haven't gotten because I'm not sure whether I'll get to wear it because I too love in the Tropics [emoji295]️ . You may find the booties suitable for winter and occasional wear where the outfit suits the booties. It will depend on whether it is something that you will continue to wear at home. I will also worry whether I will be able to take good care of it if I wear it for travel. I can't stand scratches on the front of the shoes.

Jumping boots look rather uncomfortable to me and I think it would look great on someone with the height to pull it off. I don't. Haha do try it out at the store first.

Good luck with your decision and do keep us updated! [emoji173]️

I have the joueuse booties and LOVE them. They are pretty much the best boots I've ever worn....suuuuupeer comfortable and stylish. I can't say much about the riding boots since I don't owe them.

Re sneakers, the quickers are adorable but were very uncomfortable for me so I'm going for the Miles. They looked really odd on display but are actually very cute on. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: jayjay77
I have the joueuse booties and LOVE them. They are pretty much the best boots I've ever worn....suuuuupeer comfortable and stylish. I can't say much about the riding boots since I don't owe them.

Re sneakers, the quickers are adorable but were very uncomfortable for me so I'm going for the Miles. They looked really odd on display but are actually very cute on. Good luck deciding!

Good to know. I love the joueuse look and glad to hear they're comfortable. I'm not the OP but I live in a four season climate so I think it would be worth it for me

I have both and wouldn't recommend either for all day walking. The jumping is comfortable but only after you break them in, which for me was probably wearing them ten times. So I wouldn't get them and wear them the first time on vacation. Also they get very warm inside the boot so I usually put them away at springtime. I have two pairs of the Joueuse (gold and etoupe) and love them. They are my most comfortable heeled ankle boots. If you want flat boots, I actually find the Land boots way more comfortable than the jumping boots. Happy shopping!

My SA did not recommend the Jumping boots as he told me that they are mainly for equestrian riding and not so comfortable for daily wear. He recommends the Neo boots,
Really? I have horses and won't go anywhere near a horse in my Hermes jumping boots. They would stink of horses and are a 'classic' equestrian style that isn't really used for riding any more unless you do certain traditional ridden showing classes.

Like any riding boot they need wearing in. I find them very comfortable for all day wear personally. But we're all different.

Reactions: aokiQ