Introducing the "Blues Brothers" (Sisters?)

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Did my play on words get your attention? LOL
Its been more than 6 months since I've done a reveal (and it was for Céline!) but I recently added two bags to my collection that I wanted to share.

The first one I've been obsessed with for months. Once I found out the color name & season, I started looking. I located it in the larger size and almost bought that one, but am so glad I waited because a few weeks later I found the smaller size which is the one I really wanted --

Its the "new" Small Trapeze in Metallic Blue

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414478252.024139.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414478264.518664.jpg

I used to have the Trapeze in the "old" Small size (now the Medium), but found that it was too big for me, but this new size is perfect! I've also always wanted a full leather version rather than one with suede wings or flap so I'm thrilled with this bag - not to mention that its made up of all my favorite handbag colors!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414478601.538324.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414478810.045026.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414478867.432797.jpg

The other bag I recently purchased is a bag I fell in love with well over a year ago. I saw it at Nordstroms and knew that eventually I'd own that bag. So many times I was tempted to just purchase it, but something else would always come along and put those plans on hold. Then I heard that they were discontinuing this style and I thought I'd lost my chance. I heard that Barneys Warehouse stores recently received a bunch of Céline bags, including this one so I started calling around. I found a bunch in colors that I wasn't really interested in - red or brown. Then I found a Marine Blue one, which was the closest I had come to the Navy I originally wanted. I almost bought it but took a shot and called one final store and would you believe they had the very bag I saw at Nordstroms and fell in love with so long ago!

My second bag is the Pamelato Blade in Navy

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414479611.806869.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414479695.589693.jpg

I hadn't realized that there were two versions of this bag until I started calling Barneys stores last week. I'm so glad I realized that cuz one of the things I love so much about this bag is the suede lining (among other things!), but apparently the other version (the Marine Blue one I found) was leather lined. There was also a pretty big difference in the price - this was one was originally $3100, but the other ones were originally $2600. I can't believe that suede lining would warrant that much of a difference, but when I got this bag, I noticed that the tag said "Pameleto" - does anyone know if the lower priced ones are made of different leather? (I remember that the Pameleto Luggage bags were higher priced than the drummed or smooth calf versions)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414479963.092366.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414479991.200911.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all! The Trapeze purchase actually marks my first purchase from the Céline boutique (NY). I was so happy to find it there cuz it meant I didn't have to pay sales tax! I'm already scouting out my next bag! :graucho:

I don't even like Trapeze that much but I have to say your combo is breathtakingly beautiful!! :loveeyes:

Is this a recent color combo? I am still debating between Luggage and Trapeze as my first Celine. Now because of your bag I am seriously considering Trapeze.....Hard decision indeed.:thinking: