intrerracial dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Asian female and Caucasian male couples are accepted more than any other mix. In the NY Times travel magazine last week, there was an ad for a resort or something, and an Asian woman was in the ad with her Caucasian husband and their two kids. This is not the first time I have seen Asian female and Caucasian male couples in ads. It seems the "in" thing for advertisers.

It certainly seems that way... I can think of so many ads off of the top of my head that feature Caucasian male/Asian female couples including Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance, Behr Paint, etc., etc. I rarely see the reverse, however.

I hate when people assume that a white guy who is dating outside of his race has a fetish. I'm the first non-white (I may be part white, but I never really felt it and don't really look it) woman my DH has ever been with, which hardly makes him a fetishist.

I agree... as for the other poster (Kaye) being worried that she's being approached by men simply because they have an Asian fetish: when I'm approached by any man of any race, I just assume it's because I'm friendly-looking or attractive. I hardly chalk it up to my race... that seems a little insecure to me, no offense intended.

Hi there, I am generally in the Chloe and Chanel forums and rarely contribute here but this caught my eye. I have been married for 16 years so interracial (or any kind of) dating is out of the question for me! :smile:
I do have two lovely daughters though, and an interracial family. My husband and I are caucasian and we have one biological daughter and another adopted from China. I love that my family is interracial and can honestly say that I would welcome any men that my daughters bring home in the future as long as they are good, kind, and loving.
I actually forget most of the time that my little one is a different race than me...I just brought her to nursery school the other day and one of the little boys was very tall. I commented to his mother about how tall he was and she said that she and her husband were very tall. Then I looked at Lily (my Chinese daughter) and said, "My little Lily is such a peanut, but my husband and I are short so I guess that is no surprise." After a second, we both realized what I said and burst out laughing!
Yay for the melting pot of America!!

Hi there, I am generally in the Chloe and Chanel forums and rarely contribute here but this caught my eye. I have been married for 16 years so interracial (or any kind of) dating is out of the question for me! :smile:
I do have two lovely daughters though, and an interracial family. My husband and I are caucasian and we have one biological daughter and another adopted from China. I love that my family is interracial and can honestly say that I would welcome any men that my daughters bring home in the future as long as they are good, kind, and loving.
I actually forget most of the time that my little one is a different race than me...I just brought her to nursery school the other day and one of the little boys was very tall. I commented to his mother about how tall he was and she said that she and her husband were very tall. Then I looked at Lily (my Chinese daughter) and said, "My little Lily is such a peanut, but my husband and I are short so I guess that is no surprise." After a second, we both realized what I said and burst out laughing!

God bless you for adopting a baby outside of your own race! I would gladly adopt any child: it surprises me how many families are "devastated" when they're unable to adopt a baby of their own race but are not open to looking for other sources: there are so many minority child of all colors that need good homes. Personally, I would be happy to adopt a black, white, yellow, or polka-dotted baby!

P.S. And your daughters in your avatar are beautiful!!

God bless you for adopting a baby outside of your own race! I would gladly adopt any child: it surprises me how many families are "devasted" when they're unable to adopt a baby of their own race but are not open to looking for other sources: there are so many minority child of all colors that need good homes. Personally, I would be happy to adopt a black, white, yellow, or polka-dotted baby!

P.S. And your daughters in your avatar are beautiful!!

thanks so much!! I feel totally blessed and would recommend adoption to everyone!! I am such a lucky mommy!:heart:

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Well, my family is 100% African-American...we don't have any non-black or non-African American family members. It would be very difficult for a non African American person to be incorporated into our family. I couldn't imagine anyone in the family seriously dating interracially.

My sister was dating a white guy on the down low back in the mid 1990s (I was the only family member to ever meet him). When she asked my aunt if her boyfriend could come for Thanksgiving dinner, my aunt balked and said my sister would have to get approval from my uncle. She never did ask my uncle and broke up with the guy soon after. Now my sister is married to an African-American and realizes that she is too deeply rooted in Black culture to have been able to marry and have children outside the race. :yes:

I have no problems with interracial dating. I think as we've gotten older, and the longer we live in America, it's just become more accepting and normal to us (me and my extended family/relatives). Many of the younger generation, especially those that were born/raised here, have dated interacially or are currently in an interracial relationship. One of my dad's aunts currently resides in Montreal, and her husband is of French descent... her children grew up with both cultures, and I think it's awesome that they were encouraged to be proud of their background.

I have mostly dated Asian men, however, of different nationalaties (so there were quite a bit of cultural differences, however, being raised in America, most of us were quite assimilated into the culture). I've dated caucasian, African-American, and my last bf is of Pakistani descent.

Really, I've never seen skin color as anything that differentiates us... It's always been easy for me to look beyond that.

Really, I've never seen skin color as anything that differentiates us... It's always been easy for me to look beyond that.

I think that's the one point that's come out in this thread: it's not the skin color per se, but the cultural and religious differences that can be an issue in interracial dating.

That's another point to be admired about "mixed" couples who make a great go of marriage and parenting. It can be hard enough if your family and society frown on your marriage. When there are cultural/religious differences within the marriage to address, it's a huge issue when added onto the long list of other adjustments that newlyweds have to make.

This thread is great! Maybe there IS hope for our messed up world! :heart:

I agree... as for the other poster (Kaye) being worried that she's being approached by men simply because they have an Asian fetish: when I'm approached by any man of any race, I just assume it's because I'm friendly-looking or attractive. I hardly chalk it up to my race... that seems a little insecure to me, no offense intended.

i think it's what they say!! most (95%) of them are pervs! they tell me they want me to have their babies or ask if they can be my sugar daddy! i don't know, i attract a lot of jerks. :sad: i worked in a store as a manager where we sold clothing (unisex clothing store) and that's where most of this happened. either at my job or at nightclubs.

i've never had much success with "pick-ups" before and it's not necessarily their race that was the factor, but it was their approach.

i come from a very multi-racial family! my sister and cousins all only date (or are married to) caucasians or other races... i am the ONLY one in my family who dates asian guys! i don't have a problem seeing other people in interracial relationships, at all. i just prefer not to. :smile:

I'm Indian...my husband is Italian...when we got engaged his grandparents took us out for dinner and asked me what nationality I was, I answered Indian and his grandma said "Well just don't tell anyone" !!! Everyone else was cool but they were never quite nice to me...oh well! My brother married a Korean girl...the food is great at family dinners...number one perk of interacial marriage...no boring food!

Interracial dating - no problems with this at all. Here in London it is so accepted and normal but then London is apparently the most racially diverse city in the world. I think if you went outside the big cities you might have a harder time of it.

Yep, I am. I'm Caucasian and my BF is half Asian.

We're fine with it, but then, he was born and bred here and had an English Mum, so he seems, to all intents and purposes, English. :yes:

I think, almost invariably, cultural differences are what can cause potential problems in relationships, not race itself.

Ahhh! That's such a sweet (and funny!) story! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.