Intreccio Memory Nappa Knot

Which memory nappy knot from the Cruise 2011/2012 catalog do you like the best?

• Shock (pink)

• Fire (orange)

• Sunset (yellow)

• Cioccolato (brown)

• Nero (black)

Results are only viewable after voting.
What do you plan to use it for? If it's for black tie evening wear, I'd go with nero but if it's for daytime, casual fun I'd go with the shock. I'm not sure what memory nappa is but this particular treatment has a scrunched look to it. I love it!

My SA said that memory nappa has exactly that, "memory"... it has been treated in such a way as to not stretch out as much with continued use.

Love the pink for cruise, but the chocolate is also compelling..

I was just at the Sloane St store and saw the Memory Napa bags. The SA told me that the "memory" comes from aluminum filaments under (inside) the leather. I squashed the bag every which way and it held the shapes! I really like it.

I am not sure I understand what memory nappa is
sounds like it has lycra in it
and if it is supposed to go back to its original shape
what does regular nappa do
I have not had things stretch out
maybe a little hang draping but not stretching
I have to email my SA about this right away

septembersiren said:
I am not sure I understand what memory nappa is
sounds like it has lycra in it
and if it is supposed to go back to its original shape
what does regular nappa do
I have not had things stretch out
maybe a little hang draping but not stretching
I have to email my SA about this right away

it isn't supposed to go back to the original shape. it's supposed to HOLD the shape you want it to hold. for example, the memory cabat: you can just push/tuck the sides in and it will STAY that way. there's no need to "train" it.

sorry for the caps. I don't know how to do bold on the iPhone app yet.

cabochon & apey_grapey: Thanks for explaining what memory nappa is. I wonder how they place the aluminum filaments inside the leather. Will memory nappa weaken over time if you frequently change the shape of it? For example, a metal wire will eventually break if you keep folding it back and forth on the same spot.

Does anyone know why BV decided to use memory nappa for the knot since you probably can't change the shape of the leather, since it is molded around the inside frame?

LLANeedle & elliesaurus: Thank you for your suggestions and ideas. If these memory nappa knots are more durable than satin/silk, then I'd like a versatile one where I can use it for formal and casual events. If the memory nappa easily wears down or is easily stained, then I'd be using it for black tie evening events.

Miss_FancyBags: I don't have a black knot, but the one in your profile picture look exciting. Is it your first knot? How have you found it so far?

I don't understand why a knot bag would need memory either
the knot bag is built on a solid metal base
it is the base of many bags not just BV
I don't understand why it would need memory
I don't always remember things maybe I NEED memory nappa for just my life in general

Miss_FancyBags: I don't have a black knot, but the one in your profile picture look exciting. Is it your first knot? How have you found it so far?

Thanks, twoladyslippers :smile: I've owned other knots: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...clutches-evening-bags-pics-only-246418-5.html (see last few entries) but have only kept the nero vachette perlier knot that's in my profile. I love the way it feels in my hand :hbeat: and the way the vachette leather smells. :cloud9: This one's a keeper also because it's very hardy and looks great with the outfits I wear to lunch (which is when I carry it). :love:

Good luck on choosing your knot! It's such a fun decision :graucho:

Miss FB...I love these knots...I loved the pink too- not for me but for my DD...I think she will be getting engaged in the very near future and I was thinking that would be a GREAT bag for her to have on a Honeymoon..lol...