Int'l Express Shipping problem no updates and buyer thinks it may be lost.

tanj

I ⥠$Green$!
O.G.
Feb 12, 2007
I sold my LV Monogramouflage Speedy and at the buyers request I declared it a cosmetic bag for 50 with only 100 insured because she didn't want to pay high custom fees.I did everything online through paypal.This was the 20th of July.Everything was going good till USPS's site stop updating.It says that the package left the country July 21st.

Your item left the United States from ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 4:49 AM on July 21, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Electronic Shipping Info Received, July 22, 2009
bullet_circle.gif
International Dispatch, July 21, 2009, 4:49 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, July 20, 2009, 5:51 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98168
bullet_circle.gif
Acceptance, July 20, 2009, 10:41 am, TACOMA, WA 98433

I've called more than 3 times and the PO has said that its in the country I shipped t:huh:n the other hand my buyer is saying its not and how she'd received a letter if it was just sitting in customs and that they don't do that type of stuff.

I was told by USPS that her countries customs could hold the item for up to 30 days.I told my buyer this she insist on its not in her country and told me to put a trace on it.Well i did and was told that it would be 18 days from the day I put the inquiry on it.Is all this accurate?Should I consider this all to be lost?I have them telling me its gone outta the country and on the other hand I have her telling me basically that they are lying and I need to do more.What else can I do?I told her that I'd just refund her and she's saying no and how she doesn't want me to be the loser in this.I am because I've lost a bag and 1600.I was told by a friend that i shouldn't do a refund.My husband said that I'm the worst seller and how I shouldn't have done what I did period.

you could try putting the customs # into the website of the postal service in her country. when I've shipped things internationally with USPS, I can usually use that same tracking number to track it once it reaches the destination country. You could try that?

do you have a tracking number that starts with an EZ? i know the last time i shipped to canada there were two numbers on the receipt - one for use via USPS and the other for canada post. once i figured that out i plugged it into canada post's website and was able to further track it.

Thanks guys.I tried on what i think was the Ireland post office where I sent let me look back at my receipt from paypal.I really wish it would turn up already or something.

btw dusty paws, it starts with EC.

do you have a tracking number that starts with an EZ? i know the last time i shipped to canada there were two numbers on the receipt - one for use via USPS and the other for canada post. once i figured that out i plugged it into canada post's website and was able to further track it.

Have you actually refunded the money? What country did you ship it to?

I'm not really an expert as a seller, but I know a bit about buying and shipping internationally.

If you shipped using Express Mail, this is an example of how the tracking looks like:

Label/Receipt Number: EM29 7755 722U S
Class: Express Mail International®

Your item was delivered in INDONESIA at 3:47 PM on July 6, 2009.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered Abroad, July 06, 2009, 3:47 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Attempted Delivery Abroad, July 04, 2009, 12:10 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, July 01, 2009, 6:36 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, July 01, 2009, 6:24 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Arrived Abroad, July 01, 2009, 6:14 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet International Dispatch, June 27, 2009, 6:25 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 26, 2009, 3:13 pm, CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715
Bullet Acceptance, June 26, 2009, 1:30 pm, ONTARIO, CA 91761

I think if the update hasn't said it was delivered, that means it's not there yet -- not lost.

I think you should wait a bit. HTH!

Good luck!

no i wanted to because she just keeps telling me how its not there and that it could be lost.i thought that it takes long regardless and that we should wait it out being i get notes every single day more than once at how the package isn't there because of what it says.i'm not seasoned in this so i don't know how long is too long.so i'm confused ya know.I shipped it to Ireland.what i pasted from the USPS site is the only update that i've gotten so far.

Have you actually refunded the money? What country did you ship it to?

I'm not really an expert as a seller, but I know a bit about buying and shipping internationally.

If you shipped using Express Mail, this is an example of how the tracking looks like:

Label/Receipt Number: EM29 7755 722U S
Class: Express Mail International®

Your item was delivered in INDONESIA at 3:47 PM on July 6, 2009.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered Abroad, July 06, 2009, 3:47 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Attempted Delivery Abroad, July 04, 2009, 12:10 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, July 01, 2009, 6:36 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, July 01, 2009, 6:24 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet Arrived Abroad, July 01, 2009, 6:14 pm, INDONESIA
Bullet International Dispatch, June 27, 2009, 6:25 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 26, 2009, 3:13 pm, CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715
Bullet Acceptance, June 26, 2009, 1:30 pm, ONTARIO, CA 91761

I think it the update hasn't said it was delivered, that means it's not there yet -- not lost.

I think you should wait a bit. HTH!

Good luck!

^^^ In my case, usually if it still says "international dispatch" it means the package is still on the way -- maybe in transits, etc. But I see that it was July 21th since it's supposedly left the US. That means it's been over 2 weeks. That's weird.

Have you checked from the Ireland PO website? You can try and track it through there, just like what ilikepenguins suggested. It should have some kind of info there.

http://track.anpost.ie/

Keep us updated!

^^^^i tried it and it didn't do anything.this is the tracking number EC70 0938 556U S
also all i have is the customs/receipt that is printed out on the computer so all it gives me is the tracking # from above.

^^^^i tried it and it didn't do anything.this is the tracking number EC70 0938 556U S
also all i have is the customs/receipt that is printed out on the computer so all it gives me is the tracking # from above.

Is this a tracking # from USPS or is this the CUSTOMS #? You might also try the INS label #. If your customs form has a different #, try it.

^^^ Ok, that is totally weird.

Our Item Tracking system has not recognized the number(s) that you have entered. Please check that you have entered the correct number(s).

Usually with my case, when a package has just left the US, my PO tracking also doesn't recognize the number. But usually after 4 or 5 days, it's already in the system.

Have you tried calling the Ireland PO? Or maybe you could tell USPS that the tracking number is not in the Irish PO system.

So sorry this happened. If it was indeed lost, then you would only get whatever the value you wrote on the custom form.

IDK. It's just weird that Irish PO tracking doesn't even have the number. Maybe someone with more expertise will chime in soon. Fingers crossed :hugs: