Interview with Chanel, on counterfeiting

Wonderful article, I especially love the last line. While I'm hopeful it will speak to people who buy fakes, I'm sure many of them either won't read the article in the first place or not care- not because of the article, but because of their mentality. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I think you did a good job. The only thing I do have to say is that unforunately, those who are buying counterfeits probably don't care... I think there have been numerous articles of this nature in various magazines in the last few years since this has become a hot topic and I think that people just choose to believe it isn't true or they don't care so long as they get what they want. Unfortunate but I tend to think that those buying fakes likely wouldn't spend the money on the real thing anyway.

I think you did a good job. The only thing I do have to say is that unforunately, those who are buying counterfeits probably don't care... I think there have been numerous articles of this nature in various magazines in the last few years since this has become a hot topic and I think that people just choose to believe it isn't true or they don't care so long as they get what they want. Unfortunate but I tend to think that those buying fakes likely wouldn't spend the money on the real thing anyway.

Ditto:yes:, great job for writing it.

Really good article. Thanks for sharing with us.

Since designer items, especially Chanel is seen on celebrities from Nicole Richie to people like Lauren Conrad on the Hills.. it seems like there will always be a demand for Chanel from kids who can't exactly afford to purchase the real thing, so they'll buy a fake. Unfortunately I doubt that the counterfeit industry will ever stop. Very sad.

The thing I had the most though is when a girl is carrying a fake Chanel purse and she shows it off like its the real thing!! I mean does she think that we cant tell? UGH!

Excellent article!

Unfortunate but I tend to think that those buying fakes likely wouldn't spend the money on the real thing anyway.
I completely agree. There's such a huge disparity between the cost of an authentic bag vs. counterfeit that the customer base is completely different.

Also, it's the same vice versa. Those of us who spend well over $1,000 (or $2,000... or $3,000...) for the real thing wouldn't consider buying a counterfeit bag.