Workplace Interview... no interview... interview... NO interview?!?!?!

I recently applied to many jobs.. and received a response by e-mail for one I was really looking forward to. The lady e-mailed me however (no phone call), which I figured is fine. She said she wanted to meet with me either Friday or Monday (the email was sent Thursday morning). She had no telephone # attached so I replied by emailing her back.

I responded on the same day (a bit late to schedule the Friday meeting.. so I assumed we'd meet monday). On Friday, I received no response from her.

So on Monday, I sent a follow up email and wanted to see if the meeting was still on, etc etc...

NO RESPONSE??

Why? I feel even more discouraged than ever. Getting a rejection is one thing.. it is a learning experience. BUT THIS???? IM SO ANGRY lol cuz i was soo looking forward to the interview.

Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?

I feel so unlucky right now.. but I will not give up!

I feel the same way you do and things like this happen! I hope she/ he will email you up. Finding a job sucks, but hang in there...you'll get an offer in no time at all.

Oh, this has happened to me. Last year, I applied for a job - had an email back saying they wanted to see me, I sent some dates across, heard nothing, sent another email, heard nothing - thought they just weren't interested. Then last week (a good 16 months since I sent the last email), I had another email asking if I was still interested. TBH, I am not sure, but an interview is always worth attending, so I sent an email saying I am still interested - and surprise, surprise I haven't heard a word back from them.
It does get to you, I know - but don't give up, somewhere out there is the right job for you!

Oh, this has happened to me. Last year, I applied for a job - had an email back saying they wanted to see me, I sent some dates across, heard nothing, sent another email, heard nothing - thought they just weren't interested. Then last week (a good 16 months since I sent the last email), I had another email asking if I was still interested. TBH, I am not sure, but an interview is always worth attending, so I sent an email saying I am still interested - and surprise, surprise I haven't heard a word back from them.
It does get to you, I know - but don't give up, somewhere out there is the right job for you!

wow! that is soo weird!! It really makes me wonder if the email didn't get through or something, b/c i just can't imagine someone so unprofessional! It really makes me mad!!!

i would start to wonder if the email went to their junk mail. is it possible to look up the company online and find a phone number?? that way you can call and ask for that person.

I had something happen to be back in the beginning of May, it's sooooo annoying! I had posted my resume and been actively looking for a job since Feb/March and got a call from someone. Said they'd wait until it was closer to my graduation in May to contact me about a job close to my area, etc. They did e-mail me about the job in May like they said they would, so I responded back w/ my resume, etc etc. Never heard from them again. It's so frustrating to be pulled along like that, to think you may have at least a face-to-face interview and then poof! It's like they disappear into thin air!

Job hunting is crazy right now! I so feel for you.

My husband had an interview with Macy's just before Christmas for Christmas help (so temp work, it's a long story as to why he was looking for ANY kind of job, but his first job in the US, immigration issues, etc), so, anyway, he interviews. He has retail experience, etc. The interviewer says, Oh we are so interested in hiring you, but I have a full time position opening up instead of Xmas help, would you be interested? He says, definitely. The interviewer says, Great, I will be in touch, but the position hasn't been listed so sit tight till next week.
Great.
Next week comes and goes. No contact. He calls. She is not available. Waits another week, turns down another part time gig. Still nothing from the lady at Macy's. Calls - they take a message, she never calls back. Now, he gets a thanks, but no thanks letter. WTH? Is this letter in reference to the pt Xmas help or the other job?
Long story short, she never returned a single call, or an email. After Christmas he got a better job, anyway, so it's all good, but what the what what?
Sorry to threadjack, feeling for you OP.
Good luck.

You have no way of knowing what is going on with this person specifically or at that organization. Maybe they had something come up that is taking all her focus right now. Maybe she is away due to some personal crisis.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Job hunting is crazy right now! I so feel for you.

My husband had an interview with Macy's just before Christmas for Christmas help (so temp work, it's a long story as to why he was looking for ANY kind of job, but his first job in the US, immigration issues, etc), so, anyway, he interviews. He has retail experience, etc. The interviewer says, Oh we are so interested in hiring you, but I have a full time position opening up instead of Xmas help, would you be interested? He says, definitely. The interviewer says, Great, I will be in touch, but the position hasn't been listed so sit tight till next week.
Great.
Next week comes and goes. No contact. He calls. She is not available. Waits another week, turns down another part time gig. Still nothing from the lady at Macy's. Calls - they take a message, she never calls back. Now, he gets a thanks, but no thanks letter. WTH? Is this letter in reference to the pt Xmas help or the other job?
Long story short, she never returned a single call, or an email. After Christmas he got a better job, anyway, so it's all good, but what the what what?
Sorry to threadjack, feeling for you OP.
Good luck.

Sometime similar happened to me also!! I went for an interview for a part time sales associate w/ Macys and the interviewer told me that due to my qualifications, etc, I could get a supervisor position. He told me to go home & apply for it, and he'd call me to set up an interview w/ the store manager in a few days. I did what he said, and come the middle of the next week, I still hadn't heard from him, so I applied elsewhere and got other interviews. A week and a half later I got an e-mail saying that the position my interviewer suggested me for has now been filled. :confused1: Just makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors, ya know?

Yea! to be honest I'm actually worried as to what happened to her! But i believe everything happens for a reason, and luckily, I have another interview! So its always great to just be positive and never give up, as when one door closes, another opens up.

I guess this is just another interview (or no interview lol) experience to add to my list.

Something like the happened to me and then the lady finally called me back like 4 weeks after the interview and said they wanted to offer me the job but I had already taken another position. It's frustrating when you put time and effort into interviewing and the other person doesn't follow through in a timely fashion. Seems the lady wasn't in a rush to fill the position but I wasn't going to wait around for her to make up her mind.

Yes! something very similar...

DH had been out of a job for 7 months (finally landed one a few weeks back thank god!)... the stories I could tell of how unprofessional most of these prospective employers were is simply mind boggling! And I'm not talking a few, almost every one of them.. and he'd been on dozens of interviews during this time.

I guess it's a 'buyers market' right now and the employers feel like they can do what ever they want but what happened to professional courtesy?!