Workplace Interview... no interview... interview... NO interview?!?!?!

Why wouldn't you put a phone number on your application or in the email? You want to make it as easy as possible for people to get ahold of you. Maybe someone else was able to talk to her on the phone and set up an interview on Friday?

Something like the happened to me and then the lady finally called me back like 4 weeks after the interview and said they wanted to offer me the job but I had already taken another position. It's frustrating when you put time and effort into interviewing and the other person doesn't follow through in a timely fashion. Seems the lady wasn't in a rush to fill the position but I wasn't going to wait around for her to make up her mind.

I wonder if she had to clear the person hired with someone above her? I am in that situation now- interviewing for a new assistant and we have done 13 interviews so far. My boss then has to interview our top 3 and decide if he likes anyone. Our hiring process is actually taking about a month from the first interview, which is annoying for me too, but out of my control.

Yes! something very similar...

DH had been out of a job for 7 months (finally landed one a few weeks back thank god!)... the stories I could tell of how unprofessional most of these prospective employers were is simply mind boggling! And I'm not talking a few, almost every one of them.. and he'd been on dozens of interviews during this time.

I guess it's a 'buyers market' right now and the employers feel like they can do what ever they want but what happened to professional courtesy?!

We recently had a temp position here, and we received so many applications that there was no way we could individually respond to each. A lot of them were over qualified, so it was terrible to see so many skilled individuals apply for this low entry position because that tells you a lot more about the job market than any newspaper.

Oh, this has happened to me. Last year, I applied for a job - had an email back saying they wanted to see me, I sent some dates across, heard nothing, sent another email, heard nothing - thought they just weren't interested. Then last week (a good 16 months since I sent the last email), I had another email asking if I was still interested. TBH, I am not sure, but an interview is always worth attending, so I sent an email saying I am still interested - and surprise, surprise I haven't heard a word back from them.
It does get to you, I know - but don't give up, somewhere out there is the right job for you!

I just wanted to follow up on my earlier post - I had another email from this company early in June, saying they were really really impressed with my CV and wanted to set up an interview -I sent them some dates, heard nothing (what a surprise), then last week had a letter saying having reviewed my CV I wasn't right for the job.:wtf: WHAT was all that about?

I just wanted to follow up on my earlier post - I had another email from this company early in June, saying they were really really impressed with my CV and wanted to set up an interview -I sent them some dates, heard nothing (what a surprise), then last week had a letter saying having reviewed my CV I wasn't right for the job.:wtf: WHAT was all that about?

Could have been a shift in HR employees....or maybe there was some confusion about which position you were applying for. That is very frustrating...it just seems there isn't always a way to find out what is going on with some companies.

We recently had a temp position here, and we received so many applications that there was no way we could individually respond to each. A lot of them were over qualified, so it was terrible to see so many skilled individuals apply for this low entry position because that tells you a lot more about the job market than any newspaper.

I would never expect an acknowledgment on every job applied for.. but ones that he went on 2 or 3 interviews for, had background & credit checks completed on?! I'm sorry but if we opened up our financial & personal history to you after 3+ interviews, I think they owe a person, at a minimum, a thanks but no thanks....

She may have been ill.

I had a call to set up a phone interview, the woman said she would call me on Monday morning. Well, Monday afternoon came and nothing-so I called and left a message. By Wednesday, still nothing so I tried calling again with no answer. Thursday I left another message. She finally called me the Tuesday AFTER, hacking and sneezing-she had been off ill with a cold the whole week.

I ended up getting that job :smile: I had thought for some reason they weren't interested in me anymore, and I was so discouraged because this was EXACTLY the kind of job I had wanted.

So don't worry! I would follow up, let her know you're still interested, and leave a phone number letting her know she can call you to set up an interview.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

I had been looking for something for over a year because I badly wanted to leave my job. I finally got something a few months ago, but the interview process was brutal. I dealt with many organized people in the HR/Recruiting department and terrible ones. A few months ago, it was brutally cold and I took the train into the city for an interview. I interviewed with HR and then a manager. The manager told me if I seemed qualified and what they were looking for I would interview with the GM at a later date. The same day after my interview HR contacted me saying they wanted to schedule an interview with the GM for that following Monday. I had to pull some strings to get Monday off at my other job. I went in on Monday and everyone was confused as to why I was there, even the manager that interviewed me was confused. She told me the GM was out of town and she will have someone contact me at a later date. I was finally called two weeks later and asked to come for another interview. I was desperate so I went in. The GM asked me three questions: one was what college I went to, why I wanted the job, and did I know that they were choosing one out of three top candidates. It was a waste of my time and I never heard back from them. No one ever apologized for making me come when there was no interview etc... They ended up posting the job a few weeks later and adding some more requirements. Long story short, you need to make an effort to get a job but you need to realize when it is a lost cause and probably somewhere you do not want to work based on how they treated you.