Interview for a new Coach Outlet

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have an interview on Wednesday with the new Coach Outlet coming to my town at the Tanger Outlets. I am so nervous about it! I dont know what to expect since it is a high end store. I previously worked for Rue21 outlet and it was always hectic and we would close at 9 and sometimes would not leave until 12-1. So i am pretty good with things like that.
    Do any of you know what kind of interview i should expect and the hiring process? Background check, drug tests, questions, demonstrations, training? Basically everything you know about the hiring and interview process i would love to know! And of course, do you think black slacks with a pink top both from banana republic would be alright? And oh yes, what should i expect if it turns out not to be 1:1 and ends up being a group interview?

Thank you guys!:smile: i really hope i get it!

2. I can't give you any info on what to expect but I do want to say "Good Luck"! If possible, maybe wear black slacks, a white button-up shirt with a black sweater over it like the SA's wear....just a thought. Be sure to let us know how it goes!!

3. Good luck! That is super exciting! I hope you get it! Your outfit sounds cute :biggrin:

4. Good luck!

5. Good luck! I don't know if the process is the same for the outlet as for full-price, but I was required to interview in dresscode -- black pants/ skirt; white, long-sleeve button-down top; black sweater/blazer; black shoes. You might want to find out if you are required to do the same.

My interview was 1:1, not a group one. I don't know if yours will be the same or not. I did do a group interview once in the past though, and I actually enjoyed it. Just make sure you raise your hand and volunteer answers regularly. If you are silent, they won't ask you back. Usually group interviews get a kind of flow going to them and just make sure you jump in on it. ;)

Since you already have retail experience, you should be fine. Just make sure you sell yourself! Don't be scared to brag. One thing I did before mine was look up sample interview questions on google and practice my responses -- it's not good to pause for a long time and think about it on the spot. I think it really helped. I was more prepared than I needed to be and it paid off!

Again, good luck!

6. Good Luck sounds like a lot of fun!!!

7. The most important question is, of course, what your discount would be!

8. good luck !

9. Wear the dress code, earrings/rings/polish too (as required or pair down to meet the limit), a small coach item to bring with you for your accessories isn't a bad idea.