Interview Clothes

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Question to all:

Under a suit, for a job interview, do you HAVE to wear a typical button-down blouse (collar over the suit and all). I saw some cute shells today while shopping (I've attached one I actually bought), but was wondering what everyone thought. Maybe wear the typical button down in a "safe" color for the interview, and save the shells for the work-place?

I am in the science field, so I apply mainly for laboratory/testing (supervisory) positions (I'm 27, if that helps!).

4263346_175.jpg
  2. I don't think so! I wore an adorable cream and black satin shell under my suit to my NHL interview & was hired immediately! Sports tend to be so male-dominated, I had to try to retain some of my femininity. Plus I just do not look good or feel comfortable in a blouse. I felt much more confident in the satin shell! I say if it looks appropriate with the suit and you feel confident in it, go for it!

3. Thanks for the reply :smile: Well I think I'll end up doing that too. Now I wonder, maybe I'm overthinking the whole interview outfit issue? :p