Intervention 2012

I'm so glad there's an Intervention thread! I've always been too lazy to start one. Intervention is one of my absolute favorite shows and has been for the longest time. The 2012 season is off to a great start. I missed most of the episode, but Dallas is gorgeous (so was Christine from last week). Such a pretty, smart, charismatic girl, so sad that heroin is her drug of choice.

I couldn't believe that her father's comment on her heroin addition "and she's not even any good at it, she's got bumps and marks all over her." Um, if I was a parent, I would think the least of your concerns would be your child "being good" at an addiction. He was douchetastic.

I missed the new episode but I'm hooked on this show. It's so intense, but makes you so thankful for what you've got. I always wonder how everyone is doing--I know they do updates periodically, but most of them aren't updated that often.

Sometimes this show is too intense for me. The odds against any of them staying clean and sober are high, but at least they see what it can feel like to be clean. It's a family disease, that's for sure.

I missed the new episode but I'm hooked on this show. It's so intense, but makes you so thankful for what you've got. I always wonder how everyone is doing--I know they do updates periodically, but most of them aren't updated that often.
They have been showing some commercials with past guest. I think they have sober stories/updates online.

Me too. Especially watching the older episodes like I've been doing. I wonder if the people made it to a year, are still sober, alive, etc.

I need to catch up on my addiction fix. Been hooked for a while....but my favorite episode was of the guy lawrence, does anyone remember him? He was an alcoholic and actually died before his episode aired or shortly after it.

Was that the rich guy that was basically a hermit and had the one lady that came by every day to check on him? The one I remember he had bruises all over and all kinds of signs of liver failure but wouldn't admit he was an alcoholic, then during the update it said that he had died.

I DVR'd last nights episodes.. Watched the one with Nichole this afternoon. I kept wanting to scream at mom!! Hope she makes it, she was so far gone for being so young.

Started the one with Elena the meth grandma but had to pause it until later.