Intervention 2012

I'm hoping to catch this On Demand; I didn't know there was a 2012 show.

They also have all episodes on A&E online.

I DVR'd last nights episodes.. Watched the one with Nichole this afternoon. I kept wanting to scream at mom!! Hope she makes it, she was so far gone for being so young.

Started the one with Elena the meth grandma but had to pause it until later.
I agree, you end up a CONTINUED alcoholic by choice, but in the case of Nichole, that was JACKED UP what her sister did. Blood is thicker than water. And I don't think her (Sam) and Matt will ever get married. Really, ALL the women out there and he gravitates to the sisters boyfriend and vice versa. You just don't do that.

No, he was single no children. But he did have 2 brothers and he was abused when he was little by his mother's boyfriend. He was lived in Vegas and owned several tanning salons.....
Then there is another guy. Cause I remember an older guy who had kids, and by the time he decided to try to change, the alcohol had eaten up his liver so bad. But I can't remember if he died from the alcohol or cancer or something like that. will search.

Here is the website of intervention deaths. And now I recall the guy you are talking about. He was young. The man I'm talking about was in his 50s.

This is the guy I was talking about:
http://interventiondirectory.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/episode-93-bret/

http://interventiondirectory.wordpress.com/post-intervention-deaths/

//Post-Intervention DeathsIt’s always shocking to find out one of the addicts profiled has died as a result of their addiction. It shouldn’t be so shocking, given that they were in such bad shape that their their families felt like the would die without an intervention, but still, it is. Maybe it’s because we come to feel like we know them over an hour (I know, not possible, but it still feels that way) and we have hope that there will be a happy ending to their story, not a tragic one.

My sincere condolences to the families and friends of the people who have passed on since their intervention. Please know that there are many people out here that became emotionally invested in your story and are deeply sympathetic to the pain that addiction has caused in your lives. We are terribly sorry for your loss.

Bret Cansler
Episode 93. Season 7, Episode 7
Alcoholic
Died after successful treatment at 105 days sober
Cause of death: Esophageal cancer
Death revealed on first airing, June 2009

Lawrence Ryan
Episode 59. Season 4, Episode 9
Alcoholic
Left after 30 days of treatment and was sober another 3 weeks before relapsing. Died 2 months later after developing esophageal bleeding.
Cause of death: Esophageal bleeding as a result of cirrhosis of the liver.

Chris Brady
Episode 82. Season 6, Episode 10
Alcoholic
Completed treatment but relapsed
Cause of death: Suicide while under the influence of alcohol
Interview with Shawn in The Advocate

Note: On first airing, the followup was hopeful. It said that Chris was sober and he and Shawn were planning a commitment ceremony. When it re-aired, it was revealed the Chris had relapsed and had then taken his own life. It was a shocking thing to read on the screen. I think the show was a bit cruel to do that do the audience – they could have at least done some kind of brief memorial with some words about his life, similar to what they did with Bret, instead of just putting it up on the screen all nonchalantly. Do they not realize that this show’s audience gets a bit attached to these addicts and their families, and their deaths might be a bit hard on us?

Sandy
Episode 84. Season 6, Episode 13
Alcoholic
Completed treatment
Cause of death: Not sure, happened 2 years after her intervention, internet reports inconclusive.

Dillon Brewer
Episode 40. Season 3, Episode 6
Meth addict
Left after 31 days of treatment, claimed to be sober
Cause of death: Suicide. “In November 2011, Dillon’s girlfriend called the police after he attemped to strangle her. Dillon fled the police and broke into his mother and stepfather’s home, where he beat his stepfather with a gun and then forced them out of the house. The police were called, and after a standoff, Dillon fatally shot himself.”
Article

Austin A. Powers
Episode 129. Season 10 Episode 3
Alcoholic
Left treatment after 2 months, claimed to be sober
Cause of death: Heroin overdose
Article 1
Article 2

and another link to another site.
http://community.aetv.com/service/displayDiscussionThreads.kickAction?as=119137&w=269734&d=334814

They also have all episodes on A&E online.

I agree, you end up a CONTINUED alcoholic by choice, but in the case of Nichole, that was JACKED UP what her sister did. Blood is thicker than water. And I don't think her (Sam) and Matt will ever get married. Really, ALL the women out there and he gravitates to the sisters boyfriend and vice versa. You just don't do that.

I was a little surprised that Nichole went back and said her sister & Matt's situation didn't contribute to her problem. It's one thing to be betrayed by a friend and you can cut them both off, but to see the guy you loved with your SISTER at every holiday, birthday, family reunion, etc? That's got to be hard.

I haven't seen any of the latest but one of the interventionists is a family friend, Candy Finnigan. She's great. She's had so many years of experience mentoring and sponsoring. She's great at what she does.

littlerock said:
I haven't seen any of the latest but one of the interventionists is a family friend, Candy Finnigan. She's great. She's had so many years of experience mentoring and sponsoring. She's great at what she does.

I love Candy! She is my favorite :smile:

Love Candy.

The bald guy, forget his name, SUCKS. He's so inauthentic and says the EXACT same lines to every single person. Always, always starts with, "well, they love ya like crazy and they wanna get ya back." blah blah.... Can we get some real feelings and some new lines?

Not sure how he got the gig? I cringe every time he's the Interventionist.

I love Candy!!!! She seems so down to earth and REAL with the people she works with. She is one of the original interventionist. One of the other guys had a a little problem with a relapse/or potential, so he said until he felt he was ok, he ended up leaving the show. The bald guy/older gentleman.

Tell Candy I said she's awesome!

I worked in substance abuse treatment for awhile and it always was sad, but not shocking when a patient died from their disease. Yet they would still try to get sober even though some of them were late stage cirrhosis of the liver and their skin was yellow. I would pull for them to at least have some sobriety before they died. It takes such a toll on the user, the families and friends, and those who try to help them.

It's really hard for me to watch this show--I want to tell these people that life can be better--you just have to want it 100% and be willing to do the work.

This show is so painful to watch but I can't stop watching.

I really felt for Nichole. She was in so much pain. I can't believe what her sister did to her.

The most memorable episode to me was Chuckie. He was addicted to heroin. His father was in 3 Dog Night and his mother was addicted to heroin when he was born. Does anyone remember that episode??