Internship

aa12

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Hey everyone,
im not sure any of you can help me, but I was looking for an internship this summer in LA ( I know its still early) , but I really want to get one before hand so I can get an idea of where I would live etc... I keep looking and must apply to a few every few days, but no luck. Does anyone have any advice or know of any companies that are hiring.
I am in the marketing field.
Thanks guys!

Are you in university now? If so, be sure to check with your university's career center for companies offering internships and how to apply.

Keep checking LA Craigslist - it is way too soon now for companies to be posting internship opportunities, but you never know. Usually companies start posting in the early May timeframe for summer interns. You may even want to post an "internship wanted" ad and see if you get any response. Seach on Vault.com and Monster.com - these are usual places where companies place internship job postings. The link to Vault is http://www.vault.com/graddegree/internships/internshipsearchform.jsp

Google "Marketing internship los angeles" and see what responses you get.

Last but not least - NETWORK!! Tell everyone you know that you are seeking an internship in LA. Get a LinkedIn profile and put it there...post it to your Facebook/MySpace, etc (but make sure you clean it up or block any pictures or things that you would not want potential employers to see)

In this economy I cannot stress enough how your best bet to find a job is through someone already at a company.

Good luck!

I dont get the vault site.
Do you need to register... Ive never even heard of that before.

Vault used to be free access. I just read further and now they are charging, that is a drag! :tdown:

Are you in the US? Vault.com is a pretty well-known resource to research companies and jobs.

chunkymonkey - WOW! :wtf: Thanks for the link! I have never heard of that before. That is nuts!