International shipping question

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
I have a buyer from Hong Kong, I am in CA, USA. I am shipping the item 1st class international or priority flat rate (depends on if it fits).

Is certificate of mailing the same as tracking? If not how would i track this item?

coco girl

Jun 15, 2008
New York
If this is a paypal involved transaction, I would not ship first class. No tracking is available. And while priority flat rate looks like it has del confirmation - it doesn't. I just found out the hard way. I had a buyer in the UK claim her item didn't arrive. Well when I went to track I found out they don't even scan the flat rates - no tracking - no proof of delivery or non-delivery.

You need to send priority or express with delivery confirmation. And if the item is over $250 - send express only.

You can print delivery confirmation from paypal or get it from the post office. But you need it. without it you open yourself to all types of problems.

jjyounger

Judy
Feb 1, 2008
Memphis, TN
If you ship Priority Flat Rate from the USPS website, you have the option of using a Scan form. You have to print it out and hand it to your mail carrier or postal clerk along with the package, and the form WILL be scanned. That way, you have tracking. I've never seen this option, however, through PayPal shipping. Hope this helps! :yes:

more_CHOOS

Sofa King on a Ban!!
Mar 18, 2008
I live in my Louboutins
I've always used Express International and it provides me with 2 tracking numbers. One tracking number tracks when the item gets into Customs' hands and the other tracks the entire progress of the delivery up until delivery of the item.

jjyounger

Judy
Feb 1, 2008
Memphis, TN
I've always used Express International and it provides me with 2 tracking numbers. One tracking number tracks when the item gets into Customs' hands and the other tracks the entire progress of the delivery up until delivery of the item.
I agree with you about EMI. Express Mail International is the ONLY way that I will ship anything internationally. However, if the OP is trying to decide between First Class and Priority, at least she can get Priority on Scan Mail. Her buyer may be resisting a higher shipping charge. I have had nothing but perfect results with EMI. Don't you love it? :tup: