International shipping insurance

LoveM&S

More Bags, Pleeease!
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
I need to ship a pricey package to Mexico. I read about a shipping insurance not a courier offered one in this forum before. But I don't remember the company's name. I would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance.

I don't remember the name of the company, but if the value is over $750.00 (and they paid through PayPal), make sure that you send it using a method that has online viewable signature confirmation.

Thank you for your reply, IrisCole.
It is actually not ebay & paypal transaction. So I'm free from $750 rule! :biggrin: I'm planning to use UPS. When I got a shipping quote online, I was not sure if the shipping insurance was included or not. Also I remembered someone said the online insurance quote and a phsyical UPS store's insurance cost is very different. Somehow I can't open their online account because of my address. I have to go to their store. Just in case it's very expensive, I would like to know an alternative option.

I thought it was shipsurance. I checked them long time ago, when I heard about it. But it looked different and also they don't cover Mexico. I hope someone knows a different company.

Thank you for your reply, IrisCole.
It is actually not ebay & paypal transaction. So I'm free from $750 rule! :biggrin: I'm planning to use UPS. When I got a shipping quote online, I was not sure if the shipping insurance was included or not. Also I remembered someone said the online insurance quote and a phsyical UPS store's insurance cost is very different. Somehow I can't open their online account because of my address. I have to go to their store. Just in case it's very expensive, I would like to know an alternative option.

I thought it was shipsurance. I checked them long time ago, when I heard about it. But it looked different and also they don't cover Mexico. I hope someone knows a different company.

You can also check U-PIC.

I'll just comment that in 13 years of online selling, I had 3 sales that were shipped to Mexico (not particularly expensive items) and all three of the buyers claimed non-receipt. This was during the "old ebay" days and there was no tracking. (I'd used first class international mail.)

After paying out the last time, I stopped selling to Mexico.

Thank you, Skittle & BeenBurned.
I heard sending a package to Mexico was kind of risky before. So I'm quite reluctant to ship the package there. But it's work related and no choice.

But good news is U-PIC covers Mexico!:yahoo: It doesn't cover whole amount of the package because it exceeds their maximum coverage. But better than nothing. If UPS's insurance is very expensive, I will use them. Thank you again for your help!