International flights-what's the legal carry on luggage size? Brands?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone *wave*, what's the 'legal' size for international carry on? i am considering LV Pegase 60 measures 14.5"x 22.5"x 7.5", or Pegase 50 measures 14.2"x 20"x 7.1". It really don't have to be LV, but I just want buy the max. legal size :lol: The flights will mainly be among Asia, such as Japan, Taiwan, China, HK, not sure if i can squeez enough time for Europe :girlsigh:

Also what brand do you suggest for check-ins? My family are always torn between a good one (subject to airport's internal theft, or 'missing'), or a crappy one that sometimes give up in the middle of traveling:lol:.

2. Hi! Check your airline's website for their maximum allowed size for hand-carry luggage.

I travel a lot from the US to Asia and use a heavy-duty luggage brand like TravelPro for checked luggage. Checked luggage takes a lot of beating and sturdiness outweighs "fashion" in my mind.

3. TravelPro? Will keep this brand in mind, I'm too chicken to check in any fancy items, that's why i want the max. legal size carry on w/valueables w/me at all times :shame:

4. There are a ton of luggage options on www.ebags.com. It's a great website with tons of pictures of each bag. You can also read comments from other people who have bought the bags.

Good luck!

5. I have found that some international flights go by both weight and size. I had a bag that was the allowed size, but weighed too much , so i was forced to check it. It was full, but only with clothes, nothing extra heavy. This was on China Air, I believe, and I also found this on Thai Intl. I would buy a cheaper durable bag and check it! I like Eagle Creek- extremely durable and not super expensive.

6. redney~thanks for the site, will definitely check it out!
    cakegirl~yes, even the check in weight shrinked big time, 38-25 kg!

7. Heys roll x case is awesome! its only about $100 and it has wheels.
    On their website they have a toddler wheeling the suitcase!