International Bank Transfers

tipsuda

O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
Can a bank transfer being sent to a branch in Italy be funded with a credit card in any way? I'm trying to pay for an item at a designer boutique.. but they only accept bank transfers from overseas customers!

Western Union only allows a service called "Money in Minutes" for money being sent to Italy, which is when the recipient has to physically pick up the funds at an agent location. I wanted to explore my options first before asking the boutique if they'd consider this.

Thanks very much!

gidramom

O.G.
Dec 27, 2008
I don't think so. I guess the reason why the store asks bank transfer is to avoid international credit card fraud. Even the store might be reputable, are you sure about the purchase? Sounds pain to get refund in an event of return.

mmmpurses!

Ms. Speedy Gonzales
O.G.
Aug 24, 2007
You better double check with your bank about that chargeback, some banks recently changed the rules (a month ago) no longer offering certain extended protections anymore... be careful.

I have done bank-to-bank to Europe businesses with no issues, actually fairly easy to do and somewhat more secure than going the western union route. Also a western union transaction funded by cc may be coded as a cash advance (interest/or other fees applies).