Internal Crack in Louis Vuitton Messenger Bag

pnewelljr

May 27, 2012
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience as me with this problem with my two year old messenger bag.

Here is a pick of the inside of the flap, you can see some sort of strange crack, it is not visible from the outside, and it doesn't seems to be in the lining itself, to it must be a third inner layer or something?

s10.postimg.org/j9lun1uex/IMG_3233.jpg

From the outside it appears as a small dent. I can push it out but it always comes back. It isn't the end of the world, but I have been trying to figure out why this happened and if it can be fixed. You can't see it very well here, but I tried to take a pic. It it a small dent maybe like the size your thumb can fit in.

s23.postimg.org/y6wxxfcob/IMG_3231.jpg
s1.postimg.org/5zms7p8r3/IMG_3232.jpg

I took it to a Louis Vuitton store, and they said it was from how I wear the bag (cross body), and overtime it just got indented. He said if I lay it flat in a warm humid environment, and then put pressure on the flap it may flatten out. He said I could get the whole flap replaced, but it would be upward of $500.

I was hoping to just get that third inner layer for $100-$200, but he didn't offer that option :sad:

Anyone have a similar experience, and any advice, help? Should I get a second opinion to see if I can get the inner lining replaced?

The outside dent looks like wear and tear, but the inside crack looks a bit strange.. Has this happened over time, of has it been like this since the bag was new?

This happened within a year of owning it. The reason a posted both issues, is I just recently noticed the bottom of the crack starts in the same place as the dent. So they are likely related. The dent looks worse at times; it wasn't looking that bad when I took the pic.

So I took it to a different store, and they put a request with pictures into the repair center. They email back and are claiming that it is due to it being mishandled (they said smashed) and not properly taken care of. I am always very careful, and noticed this within months of owning it. They said they will not repair it :sad: Am I done for?

(based on their response I am guessing this must be an internal crack in the canvas)