Interior Design/Home Decor addicts?

doulosforhim said:
thanks for the link Tammy, i will have to have DH check it out as he is the one who does the decorating around the house. he actually picked out most of the furniture, if it were up to me, we would still have bare walls and empty floor space:shame:

That's great that your hubby is involved! My hubby doesn't mind that kind of stuff, but he always defers to whatever I think will work best.

Ooh yes, I am obsessed with architecture and interior design! I started out in I.D. school...now it is more of a hobby. My sister has termed my style "relaxed urban." Big furniture, lots of leather, textures, neutral shades, a TON of bookcases (yes, full of books), and eclectic "items." Here is a photo of (part of) the living room.

Attachments

• Livingroom reduced.jpg
    Livingroom reduced.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 96
Cal said:
Great shells.

I suppose I am the anti-decorator. My style is modern with very little decorating - mainly furniture, table and rug! These are the lights in my living room (although they're the next size up) and I'm ordering this chair next week.

Not everyone's style, I know, but me likey!

Cal,
I love your style
Lucky you !! Is that the Eames chair ? I :love: it, I love Charles and Ray Eames....
I´m looking into buying jacobsen chairs for my dining room.
Scandinavian design is :heart:

Cal said:
Great shells.

I suppose I am the anti-decorator. My style is modern with very little decorating - mainly furniture, table and rug! These are the lights in my living room (although they're the next size up) and I'm ordering this chair next week.

Not everyone's style, I know, but me likey!

Sounds like us, minimalists. We even have bare walls, because it's hard to find something we both like and I get sick of things very easily...keep looking. The Eames chair is my hubby's favorite and mine is the Chaise Lounge, very main stream I know but it's a surprisingly comforatble chair.

Although I admit that I might be changing gradually, I want a couch that I can sink into now and feel cozy when I am watching tv.

Cal, don't you find that the Nederland is great for interior of your style then? They really have great stores there.

Hi KK, yep furniture shopping is great here! I have a chaise, it's so comfy......and the Arco lamp. Somehow we lost the head cushion on the chaise during our move and it's serving as a bit of a clothes dumping ground at the moment.

Attachments

• chaise.jpg
    chaise.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 32
  • arcol.jpg
    arcol.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 24
Cal said:
BTW - most of our walls are bare, we can't agree on what to put on them, so it's alllllll white.

You've got to get some color on your walls. Ours used to be white or offwhite too, but now we've got gold, red and green on our walls, and we love color!

I love interior design too. I work in a furniture/home accessories store for 5 years and enjoyed the design aspect of it so much I opened my own store. I tend to like things that are more modern, but I also like a little bit of rustic here and there. I also love classic designs like the Barcelona Chair and the Le Corbusier Chaise.

I've collected a lot of great things over the years and someday when I get organized I'm going to have one fabulous house.

ETenebris ~~ Love the picture of your living room. Okay--you must not have any small children with grubby hands. If I had a luxurious throw on an ottoman like that, my 5 year old would have long ago claimed it as her own to snuggle with. Then she would drag it to the kitchen where it would be full of cracker crumbs! :smile:

Cal said:
Eeeeeeek, devil kitty! Is that Greebo?

YES! It is Greebo...he is famous now! The flash got his eyes...LOL!

Pink*Petunia said:
ETenebris ~~ Love the picture of your living room. Okay--you must not have any small children with grubby hands. If I had a luxurious throw on an ottoman like that, my 5 year old would have long ago claimed it as her own to snuggle with. Then she would drag it to the kitchen where it would be full of cracker crumbs! :smile:

Thanks! No small children, but we do have cats and dogs, and one of our cats LOVES to lay on the throw and knead with his paws. Our son is 17, so we are safe from the itty bitty kiddies. Just not the itty bitty kitties! :lol:

I Love Interior Design & Home Decor......I'm So Addicted!!! Thank You For Starting This Posted So Many Beautiful Pictures & Sites!!! .......If I'm Out & Find Something Beautiful For The House, It's Better Than A Bag (Did I Really Say That????)......Maybe Because I've Been Buying Bags My Whole Life....& Decorating My Home(s), Has Been Much Less Time...

Cat ~ My Style Is A Lot Like You. We Are Very Modern/Contemporary.

ETenebris said:
Ooh yes, I am obsessed with architecture and interior design! I started out in I.D. school...now it is more of a hobby. My sister has termed my style "relaxed urban." Big furniture, lots of leather, textures, neutral shades, a TON of bookcases (yes, full of books), and eclectic "items." Here is a photo of (part of) the living room.

what a yummy room!

I just took these of our lounge, dining and kitchen. Notice the deflated Aussie balloons in the corners!

It's pretty bare, but it's easy to dust!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN1126.jpg
    DSCN1126.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN1127.jpg
    DSCN1127.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN1128.jpg
    DSCN1128.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN1129.jpg