Interesting email rec'd this a.m. from ebay - anyone else receive this??/

gro3602

EX TPFER DONE HERE
Apr 17, 2006
Dear Gina,

In a continuing effort to provide our users with the best possible online trading experience, we invite you to participate in a voluntary research project about eBay taking place on January 22, 2009 and conducted by our research partner, Invoke Solutions. Your valuable feedback will help us improve our service to you.

The research project involves participation in an online live session to help us understand how we can improve the seller experience on eBay. This unique online session will be held real-time on the Internet and will be interactive. Qualified participants who complete the entire online session will receive $20.00 in appreciation for your time.

Involvement in this research project is completely voluntary and we are inviting only a select group of people to join our online session. To see if you qualify, we ask that you answer a few short questions by clicking on the link below (or copy the address into your browser):

http://survey10..........etc.

Your answers to our questions will be held in complete confidence and no marketing or sales efforts involving you will occur as a result. Your personal information will be used only to qualify you to participate in this specific research session and mail your incentive check. By completing the survey you consent to being contacted by Invoke Solutions to invite you to the online session.

Those who qualify and are selected to participate will receive access instructions via email to the live online session. The online session will last approximately 90 minutes and can be accessed from your home or another location that is convenient for you. During the interactive online survey, you will be asked to interact with both a moderator (discussion leader) and other participants. This will be an engaging, lively session and we are sure you will find it enjoyable.

If you have any difficulties (or any questions or concerns), please contact [email protected].

Regards,

eBay User Research

No, but as long as it's not a scam of some sort (which you can verify with *bay), I would love to do it if I had the time. Depends on when it is (during the day would be out for me). If it is real, it may mean they know they have screwed up with all their new rules and fees. Hopefully, it will make a difference.

Gina -- I did not get one. Do you plan to participate? I hope so. I hope you are vocal about the frustrations sellers have with all the new *bay rules, especially feedback and what that new rule has lead too!

Wow - if this is legit then it's a fabulous opportunity for sellers to provide input on the detrimental effects of ebay's changes this past year or so. Can't wait to hear how it goes and your thoughts after if you qualify to participate.

It'll be interesting to see if any others here also are extended an invite. I wonder how they determine who to send the initial invitation to - what the criteria is.....

Ok, I'm suspicious of anything that asks me for info or wants me to click on a link. I'd sure check with ebay. Also, you can right click the email, then click properties then details. It will show you exactly where the email originated. Scam email does not usually originate from where it says in the email's "From" line.

Ok, I'm suspicious of anything that asks me for info or wants me to click on a link. I'd sure check with ebay. Also, you can right click the email, then click properties then details. It will show you exactly where the email originated. Scam email does not usually originate from where it says in the email's "From" line.

LOL - isn't it funny that we think it is a scam (see my earlier post) because it is too hard to believe that *bay cares about its sellers anymore....