Interesting comment....way to go DH!

Ugh, I get this from my mother (and especially my grandmother) all the time. I love to buy myself a new bag a few times a year. I make a good living, so I deserve to treat myself every now and then. I just graduated college though and have massive loans to pay back so I put away a couple hundred each pay so that I'm a little ahead of the game, plus I have a 400 dollar car payment each month (I bought the convertible beetle I've been lusting over since I was a teenager HAHAH), but my mom and grandmother still give me grief about new purchases. If I can afford it, WHO CARES! I actually am at the point now where I have to hide new bags from them so they don't know. But sometimes I just like to tick them off so I'll tease them "I bought a new bag todaaaaay and guess how much it cost??" Just to get them riled up. But then I have to hear it from my dad afterwards about how it could be spent on better things blah blah blah. I don't want to hear it! I have an addiction that needs to be fed!!

I think my mom's starting to come around. She actually said that I SHOULD buy the new Ergo Belted Tote I'll be getting today because I'm starting a new job and I should have something nice for work. Shouldn't argue with that!