"Interesting" Balenciaga encounter...

Why do you feel like you have to say that about these girls? Just because they don't have the 1000 "real" thing?

Thats just mean and unnecessary. :smash:

I think it's more-so the fact because we all know, love and adore Balenciaga that we find fakes 100 times more disgusting than the next person who is against fakes in general...

She was kind enough not to say anything to them about it... not sure if everyone here would be able to control their tongue! :yes:

I agree!! being a fashion lover/purse fanatic, i feel that carrying fakes are defintely acts of BETRAYL to the designers!! its esp bad to carry fakes to go sees bc im sure the casting pp are in the know and can spot fakes much better than i can! and imagine what that can do to one's reputation in the industry!

Can you imagine what would happen if she goes to interview for a job with Balenciaga? Yikes!

And it doesn't even have to be that bad -- just someone in the industry who really knows his/her stuff. Carrying a fake in that business just doesn't sound very savvy. I think models with a long-term career as their goal (like my sister-in-law, who is 45 and still working a lot) are a lot more aware than that!

is her bag similar to this girl bag?
can u believe this pix.??? what's wrong with her?
008.jpg

is her bag similar to this girl bag?
can u believe this pix.??? what's wrong with her?
008.jpg

no, that girl's bag looked like a balenciaga weekender, in black. it had the studs, tassels, and it even looked like leather from afar. i have a work and her bag looked like my work in black, but bigger- thats why i thought it was a weekender. it was a pretty convincing replica.

Why do you feel like you have to say that about these girls? Just because they don't have the 1000 "real" thing?

Thats just mean and unnecessary. :smash:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. What I meant was it is such a shame they don't even know that the design and look they like so much originated from Balenciaga. It is such a pity that the copyright and design credit has been just plagarised and stolen.
BTW, the girls have more than enough. They just are unaware. One is older than me, 2 others are EXPATS. As I said, I don't make mention nor do I explain. I come office to work, not to educate/share on fashion, design or values ( abt pirated copies). I have you girlfriends at PF to share my B obsessions! :shrugs:

Live life. :smile:

I think that we on this forum are obsessed and thus way more aware of the fine details of a fake vs. real Bbag. I tend to think that if she or any model went to a casting with that bag it would probably be overlooked. They are their to show off themselves not their accessories. Most people don't care about this stuff, seriously. I bet fake Bbags are usually just ignored if anything, they're not easily identifiable like the other logo'd brands.

^^ you are probably right..most pp wouldnt know. but i guess for me, i love purses, b bags, and i know about the negative impact that counterfeit items have on economy, so it is upsetting to me when i see someone carrying a fake. :shrugs:

Well...here it goes...

I've seen knockoff bags at Target and Macy's. I remember when the Edith first came out and Target had a whole fixture of just the "Edith" bags. While they don't pass it off as the real Edith bags (unlike most counterfieted bags do) they are still plagiarizing the design and overall aesthetic for that item/ design house.

It all comes down to personal preference. Maybe she saw it in the street corner and just liked that bag so she bought it. I've seen people who carry fake Balenciaga's and most of them don't even know who the designer is or even the House's name....and not because they are trying to pass off their bags as REAL Balenciagas.

I see the point of this thread but taken out of context...it's kinda mean and just plain juvenile.