Interest in Glossy Ink Blue Leather?

Karla

O.G.
Dec 26, 2005
Hi,

I just went to place an order with Maria and found out she ran out of the GIB leather last night. I REALLY would like a bag in this leather. Here is what she sent to me:

"I literally run out of stock of the glossy ink blue for any new orders last night! So I wanted to find out more about sourcing it again. We have different tanneries we work with / leathers. Some leathers come from a tannery that has regular stock, some are more limited and seasonal and some are created “bespoke” for us. The GIB is in the latter category. They do require very large minimuns. I didn’t plan on offering it in A&W yet I know it has been very popular, particularly with purse forum ladies, so not sure if everyone that wanted to order, has ordered! If I order more, I calculated approx 5-6 bags in GIB would need to come from sales to tPF (approx). So it’s very possible yet not sure if everyone will continue ordering it!"

So I need to find out if anyone else is thinking of ordering a bag in this color .... or I need to choose a different blue.

Thanks!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This can't be happeniiiiinnnnnggggg!

It depends on when I need to pay for the bag, but I would like something in GIB.

I'm so sorry Karla....

I love, love, love this leather. So much that 2 out of 7 Ignes bags I have or have ordered are GIB.

Hope you get the orders to make it happen!

I'm adding some of my favorite pics to help you out.

DSC03096.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

I might also suggest doing a little sales pitch to Maria about how well loved GIB is. I did so w turquoise and she sourced it for me!

Good luck!

SillyKitty-

Thanks for the help enabling with your beautiful pictures! I chatted with Maria last night and I am going to place my order and then decide on a blue after we see if there are enough people for her to place another order for GIB. She said 5-6 bags would be needed and i guess she would need some kind of a commitment. I'm placing my order and leaving the color up in the air for now. If I can't do GIB then I am going to do tinted blue - she sent me a picture of tinted blue and it is very pretty too. I am very excited to place my order - hopefully today. If I can do both of the bags I want then it will be a mini Emilia in GIB and a mini Gabby in tinted chocolate. So, if you want GIB let her know and get your order in the queue and I guess if she gets enough orders it will be a go ..... I'm new to all this so hopefully I'm passing on correct info.

Yay... we're more than half way there!!

E ... a GIB Mini Gabby would be amazing....

I really like tinted blue, I considered it instead of GIB for my Mini E. Maria sent me a few pics at the time, I think this probably captured the color best, as their preview pics always seem to be too dark.

TintedBlue.jpg

Here is a thread with a tinted blue Emilia http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes/nbl-and-emilia-s-emilias-443326.html

Also, on the purseblog contest there is a Chiara in Tinted blue...

I don't have the tinted blue, but I do have Sunflower, which is the same type of leather. The tinted leather is very thin, and very supple, very slouchy. It has a lot of natural sheen, almost polished looking. The texture is very smooth, pinchable and almost feels stretchy, even though it's not IYKWIM. Others have reported it to be very tough and industructable. I haven't had mine long enough to know for sure, but I really can't picture how I'd harm it. The GIB is a lot thicker, but not a super thick chewy type leather. I has a very slight veining, texture too it. The batch my GIB is very slouchy (but not as much as the tinted), but the last batch is more structured, so not sure how future batches would be. What makes this leather so special to me is the subtle metalic sparkle, it's just so pretty. It appear to be very durable so far. I'm not easy on my bags and my Mini O shows no wear at all.

Thanks Silly Kitty for pointing me to this thread - what a GORGEOUS color!! I totally want a Mini-E in this color - already have the 35% off code!! Sign me up for wanting this color!! Especially for the Fall & Winter this would be gorgeous!!!