Intagli Intrecciato--and other special Venetas

bags'rus

Sep 5, 2007
Intagli Intrecciato = Woven + Woven

So sorry, but I am unable to post a pic on my Mac. But I believe you can see a sample in the Color Reference sticky for the Browns/Neutrals. JBurgh posted a pic of one in a ebano maxi Veneta.

So here are some questions about this unusual leather treatment:

is it more delicate than the classic weave?

how to you maintain it? products, best practices?

what colors did it come in?

what season is it from?

and finally, do you like it?

There have been two items very recently listed on ebay, I believe both have ended. I have not seen any listed before.

I have the large veneta in ebano....I'm not sure if it came in any other colors. The leather strips have perforations in them...some deeper than others. I haven't used it much. I don't think it warrents any special care and yes, I do like it. The texture is very appealing.

I have the same bag LLANeedle has and it is special unto itself!!!! It feels like no other. I don't do anything special for care except caress it with :heart:

Attachments

• PB120592.JPG
    PB120592.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 226
Hmmmm,BICHON and LLANEEDLE, looks like you are the only two Intagali owners out there!

Bichon, you are so right. It is the most buttery, softest leather ever. It looks like it was only produced one season, in the ebano. I wonder why?

And for you bilinguals, what does INTAGALI INTRECCIATO mean in Italian?

I believe jburgh has the maxi size.

Dictionary
intaglio |inˈtalyō; -ˈtäl-|
noun ( pl. -glios)
a design incised or engraved into a material : the dies bore a design in intaglio.
• a gem with an incised design.
• any printing process in which the type or design is etched or engraved, such as photogravure or dry point.
verb ( -glioes, -glioed) [ trans. ] [usu. as adj. ] ( intaglioed)
engrave or represent by an engraving : a carved box with little intaglioed pineapples on it.
ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: Italian, from intagliare ‘engrave.’

^^^ Thanks LLANeedle. The definition certainly makes sense.

I think you are right, jburgh has the maxi. As always, I look forward to her comments as well.

The leather treatment must not have been all that common or popular, and it also looks like it was only done in ebano. The color is a really rich warm brown, it almost takes on a slightly different hue than the regular intrecciato in ebano.

Every year, BV produces a special edition of the Veneta. These are not reproduced in subsequent seasons/years, but they are not labeled as such. These all have zipper pulls that are the finished leather tab, rather than the leather knot as with the regular Veneta - and the colors are limited. The most recent was the pleated Veneta of F/W2008-2009. Before that the intagli, the grommet, the perforrated with the ruffle, and the one I like the least where a flower-shape was produced by pulling back the leather to reveal canvass (cannot remember the name) - there may have been more, but I cannot remember any others. So, without it being a limited edition, it is limited to the production of that particular year/season, unless you can SO it, and I am not sure that is possible. As with all special orders, you will have to check with your SA, and await word from Italy.

With regard to the SO, Bichon Lover, I seem to remember that you were in the process of SO-ing an ottone veneta. Any word?

With regard to the SO, Bichon Lover, I seem to remember that you were in the process of SO-ing an ottone veneta. Any word?

:lol::lol::lol: Your timing is impeccable :yes:. After 5 long weeks I got the "It's a go" about 4 hours ago :yahoo:. They said 13 weeks, so I should have it the first of May. I'm so excited , I can't wait :faint:. Good thing time flies!!!

I just posted and I see I got the go ahead at about the time you posted the question to me......Oooo weee ooooo

Oh, yes, and ReRe's post reminded me that there was also a Royale Veneta with color gradation and embroidery. There was also one with a large floral/leaf pattern embossed on the bag, as opposed to embossing each piece of leather that is woven, as with the intagli veneta. Can anyone remember others?

Oh, what about the tiger stripe veneta? BL you have one....so do I. Maybe jburgh can create a spot just to showcase venetas. My SA says there are veneta collectors. Given that the generic definition of a collection of three or more of a particular item, I'd say this forum has plenty of collectors.