Insurance?

*xtina

O.G.
Jul 29, 2009
Hey TPFers! Who do you use to insure your jewelery? We just added another piece and we exceeded the amount they’re willing to insure us for. Any suggestions?? We currently use Jeweler’s Mutual

Bumping this back up! For Jewelry insurance, if the receipt we have is in a different currency as a result from a purchase at a boutique while travelling, will the company (ie Jeweler’s Mutual) just convert the exchange rate from the receipt? Anyone with experience?

Bumping this back up! For Jewelry insurance, if the receipt we have is in a different currency as a result from a purchase at a boutique while travelling, will the company (ie Jeweler’s Mutual) just convert the exchange rate from the receipt? Anyone with experience?

Not sure if they will do that, but see if a local boutique will give you an appraisal for the current value in dollars or whatever the currency is where you live. My local boutique has always been happy to give me updated appraisals for insurance purposes, although it has been easy since I made the purchases there. I'm not positive if your overseas purchases would be in the computed database that the store can access. Good luck!

Not sure if they will do that, but see if a local boutique will give you an appraisal for the current value in dollars or whatever the currency is where you live. My local boutique has always been happy to give me updated appraisals for insurance purposes, although it has been easy since I made the purchases there. I'm not positive if your overseas purchases would be in the computed database that the store can access. Good luck!

I gave Jewelers Mutual a call and they said they just convert the foreign currency on receipt into the currency on policy. Receipt must be detailed and in English.